• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Being sick is a pain!

DarrenGMiller

First Post
Normally I visit Enworld every day. Even during my busiest weeks, I visit most days, but this is the first time I have been here since last Saturday. I had a little indigestion that day and gamed on Sunday (since I had to work Monday night), but by Sunday afternoon, I was feeling awful. We gamed aynway, but during breaks I curled up on the couch. It was rough DM'ing. After everybody left, I went to bed. Moments later I was violently sick and stayed that way the rest of Sunday night. Monday night I had a fever over 100 for most of the night and alternated chills and sweat. I haven't been able to eat much since Saturday and have only had a few small meals since then. My stomach still hurts.

Sorry for the details, I just needed to share.

DM

IronWolf

blank
Yeah, being sick is no fun! I was sick for a couple of days earlier this week, I think I dragged it home from Gen Con. Fever was 101 and had the same sweats and chills things. Just enough to make things a little uncomfortable. Hope you are feeling better now!

That sucks. I hate being sick.

So.... today is Saturday. Are you saying you've had this illness for over a week now? If so, I'd suggest you see a doctor.

I was just complaining about not feeling well, myself. I've got a sore throat, cough, and I'm incredibly congested. I pretty much feel like crap... and yet, in moments, my game group should be arriving at our apartment... luckily, it is my apartment and if I start to feel too sick to go on, I can just curl up in my bed.

Hoping you get better, wolf!! :)

Agamon

Adventurer
Last time I was ill, a line from Papa Roach's "Be Free" kept going through my head:

"I'm so sick and tired of being sick and tired."

Get well soon!

ssampier

First Post
Get well! Get Well! Get Well Soon! We want you to get well!

I had a sore throat on Sunday night, I could barely sleep. I had it for a few days, then it disappeared. Now I have congestion, but some Advil cold and sinus cleared that up. I think by Sunday I should in tip-top shape.

I hope you feel the same!

Psionicist

Explorer
Do: Just rest and try to have fun, watch some movies or Simpsons episodes. Read a book. Listen to music, if you can. :)

Don't: Please do not google your symptoms. For every common fever-like symptom there exist at least one rare and serious disease you certaintly don't have. A couple of weeks ago I was 100% sure I had meningitis. Didn't help me recover from my regular flu at all. :cool:

IronWolf

blank
Psionicist said:
Don't: Please do not google your symptoms. For every common fever-like symptom there exist at least one rare and serious disease you certaintly don't have. A couple of weeks ago I was 100% sure I had meningitis. Didn't help me recover from my regular flu at all. :cool:

:lol: No kidding! I gave that up a long time ago! I used to google symptoms and after not dying from about ten different diseases I quit trying to self-diagnose!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads