• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Benefits from Epic Feats

Hows it going everyone! Ive got a couple of questions that I want to find out because I do not a copy of the ELH :mad: .

What are the exact benefits for the feats: "Epic" Spellfocus, Spell Penatration, Enhance spell, Weapon specialization and focus,Ignore Material Componets???

Thanks!

SpuneDagr

Explorer
Epic spell focus: +6 to DCs (doesn't stack)
Epic Spell Penetration: +6 to caster level checks (doesn't stack)
Enhance spell: Damage dice cap raised by 10
Epic Weapon Spec: +4 damage
Epic Weapon focus: +2 attack rolls
Ignore material components: Never need M.C. for any spell.

Crothian

First Post
Enhance spell raises the dice cap by 5 or 10. Spells like searing light that the dice equal half your level are raised by 5, spells like fireball are raised by ten. That's the new cap, so you still have to be of the correct level to get that many dice. Maximize spell is the prequite and it uses a spell slot four levels higher then normal.

Ive got some new one.....

Improved MetaMagic, Imp Spell Capacity, Multispell, Spell Oppurtunity, Spell Stowaway, Augmented Alchemy, Permanent Emanation, Epic Toughness, Spell Knowledge, Tenacious Magic???

Its hard to get a ELH when your stationed in Korea for the US Army.......Thanks a bunch!!!:D

LordAO

First Post
I don't have the ELH, but I know that Improved Metamagic lowers the cost of all of your metamagics by 1 level (but never below 1, or 0 if it only adds 0) So Empower spell would be +1, Quicken +3 etc. Tenacious Magic is a Shadow Weave feat (from Forgotten Realms), not an epic feat.

Last edited:

actually there is a tenacious spell that is epic feat. Its different from the Shadow Weave version

Tenacious Spell [Epic]
Choose one of your spells. That spell cannot be dispelled, only suppressed.
Prerequisites: Spellcraft 15+ ranks, must be able to cast the spell to be made tenacious

(not giving anymore info than that)

Crothian

First Post
Virgil Sagecaster said:
Ive got some new one.....

Improved MetaMagic, Imp Spell Capacity, Multispell, Spell Oppurtunity, Spell Stowaway, Augmented Alchemy, Permanent Emanation, Epic Toughness, Spell Knowledge, Tenacious Magic???

Its hard to get a ELH when your stationed in Korea for the US Army.......Thanks a bunch!!!:D

Improved spell capacity allows you to cast a spell one one level higher then your maximium spell level.
Multi spell allows for one extra quickened spell a round.
Augmented Alchemy allows for higher alchemy rolls and faster to make times.
Epic toughness adds 20 HP
Spell knowledge lets you learn two new spells.

Telor

First Post
Ignore Materials

How is Ignore Materials different from Eschew Materials?

Thanks,
Telor
(I can't pick up ELH until Friday :mad: )

kreynolds

First Post
Re: Ignore Materials

Telor said:
How is Ignore Materials different from Eschew Materials?

Eschew Materials: When you prepare a spell with this metamagic feat, you can ignore all material components that a lower than 1gp.

Ignore Material Components: All spells you prepare ignore the material components, except for a Focus or Divine focus.

So, with Ignore Material Components, the effect automatically applies to all of your spells, and there isn't a limit to the material component price. You still need the focus or divine focus though, and those usually have the price on them.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads