• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

BESM 3rd Edtion Game. Pitch a concept!

Jemal

Adventurer
Hmm.. I like... Would you be making us start at lvl 1?

Also, Power flux? I dont have that in my copy of BESM..

Kalanyr

Explorer
Chances are I'm getting my names Confused it was Power Flux in d20 BESM.

Its the "weaker" Dynamic Powers thats done by assigning character points to various powers 1/minute (as opposed to the version thats more or less Do anything within X sphere). (Don't have my book in front of me).

Kalanyr

Explorer
Jemal, what version of BESM do you have ?

I'm using BESM 3rd Edition (which is the 3rd edition of the Tri-Stat Rules). I do have BESM d20 as well (which it sounds like you're using).

Kaodi

Hero
This thread could use a bump.

So, even if I can't play because I don't have the rules, I do have an idea for a character and his mecha to illustrate my point.

Ethan was born in a small port city on the shore of the Edge Sea, the son of a sergeant in the city watch and a seamstress of moderate skill in the use of magic. He has an older brother who takes after their father, but he was born with a twin sister, Eleanor. When they were nine, Eleanor drowned while playing by one of the city beaches, and ever since Ethan has been deathly afraid of bodies of water.
At the age of fourteen, Ethan began to develop the ability to use sorcery, and his parents enrolled him in a private school that would prepare him for the entrance exam to get into a prestigious academy of mechanical combat and wizardry. He learned his lessons well, and when the time came, Ethan passed with flying colours.

In the same port city than Ethan grew up in, there lived an old mecha engineer who had retired from the service of the kingdom. His last work was a mecha that would be come to known as Aegir, named for a mythical giant who ruled the seas. Standing about fifteen feet tall, it had a very thick frame, giving it a somewhat hulking appearance. Each piece was loving crafted by the old man with the help of his few apprentices. In a way, it was a tribute to his home, and though not on the same scale of size or power as many of the mecha he had worked on, it was perhaps the most perfectly crafted. Aegir was covered with blue enamel, the colour of the ocean water, except for its shoulders, head and centre chest plate, coloured white to give it an overall look of a cresting wave. Armed with a great spear of seaweed green, it was a visual masterpiece.

When it became known to the old man that a boy from town, Ethan, would be going to the academy, the old engineer knew that it was the boy who should pilot his last mecha. No one from that city had qualified for the specialized training in nearly ten years, and it almost seemed fated that he had completed his work just in time to send the mecha to the academy with the boy. He just hoped that Ethan would have the sense to put Aegir to good use.

Jemal

Adventurer
So, do we have people interested in a BESM Game? And if so, which concepts have piqued your interest and what edition do you have?

BTW, How much does d20 differ from 3rd ed tri-stat... My friend told me that the basics are the same (LIke stuff does pretty much the same thing).

Remove ads