D&D 3E/3.5 Best 3.5e Character Generator?.

YawningWizard

First Post
Which is the best 3.5 edition "Character Generator", for Windows, that you can download for free?. I have the Redblade program, but it's old, and could use some updating.

YawningWizard

First Post
I don't have Microsoft Excel, I was looking for a program just like Redblade, but improved. I don't want a program where it does everything for me, I want to be able to input my rolled Ability Scores (that were rolled using real d6's), I want to be able to select skills, feats, equipment and spells. The program should give me the overall weight of my purchased items, and the total cost of them.

YawningWizard

First Post
PCGen is a pretty sweet program, you have to add the deities by working with code due to copyright. I've done searches and didn't turn up anything regarding this...has anybody added all of the D&D 3.5e core deities already?, and have they uploaded the modified file to download, so that no work needs to be done?.

Nylanfs

Adventurer
PCGen is a pretty sweet program, you have to add the deities by working with code due to copyright. I've done searches and didn't turn up anything regarding this...has anybody added all of the D&D 3.5e core deities already?, and have they uploaded the modified file to download, so that no work needs to be done?.

Google "PCGen 35e datasets" should be the 1st or 2nd link.

YawningWizard

First Post
Okay, I've created a "players_handbook" folder under the "wizards_of_the_coast" directory, and placed the modified ph_deities.lst inside, see below...
"C:\Games\Dungeons and Dragons\pcgen\data\35e\wizards_of_the_coast\players_handbook"

It doesn't load the changes when I launch the program, because I still can't select a deity. So do I need to rename ph_deities.lst to rsrd_deities.lst, and overwrite the file within "C:\Games\Dungeons and Dragons\pcgen\data\35e\wizards_of_the_coast\rsrd\" instead?.

Remove ads