• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Best adventures for 4e for use with Essentials

Infernal Teddy

Explorer
This has probably been asked a million times before, but which are the best adventues published for 4e so far, and which of those can be used with as little problems as possible with Essentials?

Obryn

Hero
Any of them, honestly. Essentials and Core PCs interact with the game world in the same way. The adventure is the game world.

With that said, I'd try and replace Monster Manual and MM2 creatures with their equivalents in the Monster Vault. I'd do that no matter what sorts of PCs were going through them, though.

-O

S'mon

Legend

Incenjucar

Legend
The main things to watch out for are that a number of essentials classes are especially hampered by flying ranged attackers, and some classes are extra scary when dominated due to their auras affecting their at-wills.

I would avoid using too many mindflyers. :p

brehobit

Explorer
I think of the new monsters as being part of Essentials. As far as I know, Cairn of the Winter King is the one one that is really using the new monsters. It's not a great module--it starts strong but gets weaker as it goes. But it does work will for an essentials group. Well, other than the last fight where the specialized bad guy is A) too much like another monster in the module and B) too weak by a chunk (the party was full-up as I let them rest so I added three creatures and while it was close, the King was just not doing enough damage).

Remove ads