• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Best and worst kids shows as a parent?

kingpaul

First Post
Dora and Diego are big hits with my 2 girls (7 and 2). They also like Spongebob, Jimmy Neutron, Backyardigans, Little Bear, Little Bill, Fairly Odd Parents and Max & Ruby.

I like Jimmy and Timmy the best of that group.

Remus Lupin

Adventurer
My kids are on a pretty much all PBS diet of TV.

Shows I like: Jakers, Sesame Street, Arthur, Word Girl, Between the Lions.

Shows I hate: Dragon Tales, Barney, Dragon Tales, and, did I mention Dragon Tales (it's on right now!!!!). Also, I hate the Hooper & Miss Lori segments, though they're better this year.

Show I can tolerate: Fetch, Zula Patrol, Caliou.

Tauric

First Post
My son really loves Bob the Builder and Thomas and Friends. My wife and I also enjoy both shows, though we act like the MST3K robots when we watch, especially when we make up sexual subtext for Bob and Wendy, or when we give pro-labor dialog to the steam engines.

I can't stand Dora or Diego, but the boy seems to like them (though he can't watch them anymore, no cable).

He and I also liked Yo Gabba Gabba before we lost Nick Jr.

Jakers, Teletubbies, Sesame Street are all hits with everyone. Caillou is fun for the boy, but I can't stand it.

Barney and Dragon Tales are in the same boat as Caillou.

Rookseye

Explorer
My new favorite is "Wordgirl" on PBS...educational and absolutely hilarious from a "self-parody of super-hero/super-villain scenarios."

Great dialogue from a hero vs. villain perspective too.

Plus, her sidekick is a monkey named Captain Huggy Face.

I think I enjoy it more than my son, give it a shot you won't regret it

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads