• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Best Armor Class

Khairn

First Post
uhmm ... carry a shield, wear armor, try to get some magical items, get some caster to give you a buff, chose some defense oriented feats and try fight smart.

I think that about covers it.

Theroc

First Post
Well, a level 1 Warforged can have 21-ish AC.

Adamantine Body Feat(Gives +8 Armor bonus to AC and allows +1 dexterity modifier[as well as DR 2/Adamantine]) and then a heavy shield adds another +2.

A Level 3 Lizardfolk(earliest starting level for them) gain +5 Natural armor bonus...

I'm not sure how optimal those options are, but those are some pretty basic upfront boosts.

Darklone

Psychic warrior: Armor, Force screen, Thicken Skin, Vigor (not AC, but hitpoints) and that Deflection power. AC higher than 25 at level 3, assuming enough Wisdom for power points and time to prepare.

Starbuck_II

First Post
Get a Cleric who worships same Diety as you cast DMM Persist Recitation. That means while within 20 feet of the Cleric you have +3 AC, hit, and saves.

I say Persist so it lasts all day.

The Cleric could prepare/cast every battle, but that is spell slot costly.

Theroc

First Post
Psychic warrior: Armor, Force screen, Thicken Skin, Vigor (not AC, but hitpoints) and that Deflection power. AC higher than 25 at level 3, assuming enough Wisdom for power points and time to prepare.

Sounds like a Psychic Warrior Warforged might be a good bet.

Rhun

First Post
What are the best ways to have a good armor class at levels 3, 7 & 10.

While all the suggestions everyone has made are great, it really comes down to what type of character you are going to be playing. Shield and armor are terrific, but if you want to play a wizard they really don't help much.

What type of character are you playing?

ScionJustice

First Post
I'm really looking for any way to improve any characters AC. I was wondering if there were any good tricks out there that I had missed or things I didn't think of.

Last edited:

Remove ads