D&D 5E Best Character Sheet App?

TiwazTyrsfist

Adventurer
Hey, I just got a(n android) tablet, and I was wondering what people thought was the best character sheet/character tracking App?

Anyone have one they use and really like?

Thanks!

Irda Ranger

First Post
Notepad

I'm not kidding. No automated sheet out there will perfectly reflect your house rules or campaign. They'll also contain information you don't need, or be missing fields you do need. Multiclassing is rarely supported well.

I've even tried making my own character sheets in MS Word or Excel, and I end up having to modify them every time to really capture a character "just right". It's easier and cleaner to stick with a text file. Plus text files have the advantage of being cross-platform to everything, so you can [work on your character from/share it with a DM using] a home PC, iOS device, etc. in addition to your main tablet.

Every character I make has two text files. The first one is the "audit trail" where I list out their race, background, and which level they've reached in each class they have, and what they picked at what level. So I can see that at 4th level I put an ASI into Wisdom, for instance. This file is only used when leveling up or when my DM asks me where X or Y feature came from.

The second text file (or Word file with a simple grid of text boxes) has static modifiers (stats, AC, HP, etc.) listed at the top, and then all the actions I can do sorted by action type (standard, bonus, reaction, move, etc.). This is a lot more condensed and useful during play as I can quickly scan what my options are in a given round.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
D&D Beyond is the only one I've really liked so far in terms of being able to look at my choices as I make them. It's not perfect, but it's pretty good and getting better every week.

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
Hey, I just got a(n android) tablet, and I was wondering what people thought was the best character sheet/character tracking App?

Anyone have one they use and really like?

Thanks!

I tried a few when I first got my tablet, but after a while I grew dissatisfied with them (layout, interface, etc.) and just went with using a form-fillable pdf character sheet.

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
After trying a bunch myself, I've stuck with Squire.

Fifth Edition Character Sheet would be my runner-up.

That's apps. D&D Beyond's Character Builder is very nice, and the mobile version of the site is just as good. They have an app which is in some testing stage or other.

Last edited:

Warpiglet

Adventurer
I have gotten a ton of mileage out of fifth edition character sheet available for iPhone and Android.

It is updated regularly. I have not had the easiest time printing sheets but just have my phone handy. It is pretty excellent. I have a new hexblade on there and they have included all the supplement race and class options AFAIK.

Its a couple of bucks. It seems to be well received.

The only thing missing are spells/spell descriptions as the slots are blank but data can be entered. My tact is to use it with spellcards.

Roxie Torii

Villager
I know this is totally late but I find Trello to be an awesome app to use when gaming.

You can add as many charms, spells, items and what have yous. Everything is accessible and you can copy-paste descriptions and such so that you can easily check motes, wp and whatever else easily. Posted is my Exalted character sheet from the game we're currently playing.

*New discovery (5/9/2020): Since you can use colorful labels for pretty much whatever you need, I use it for identifying Castes or Favorable Abilities/Attributes. It can also be used for easily identifying Spell Levels, Schools, Casters, etc.
trello.PNG

Trello

Attachments

• Annotation 2020-03-09 122233.png
    Annotation 2020-03-09 122233.png
    543.5 KB · Views: 1,460
Last edited:

Remove ads