• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

best D&D Adventures

DragonLancer

Adventurer
Any Goodman Games Dungeon Crawl Classics and anything by Necromancer Games. As for why, they are IMO some of the best modules out there. The atmosphere and nostalgic feel that has been put into these adventures coupled with the easy to drop-in plots is second to none.

Pinotage

Explorer
You really can't go wrong between Green Ronin (Freeport), Necromancer Games, Goodman Games and even WotC (Red Hand of Doom). The adventure paths from Paizo are all very good. Malhavoc Press has done one or two good adventures as well. Between so much goodness, it's quite difficult to decide which is the best.

Pinotage

NiTessine

Explorer
My favourites:

1. The Sunless Citadel. It's more or less been elevated to the role of a classic already. It's a solid low-level dungeon crawl with a few memorable encounters, a real challenge that forces you to think creatively to survive, and the fan favourite kobold Meepo.

2. "Mad God's Key" from Dungeon #114. Best chase scene I've seen in a D&D adventure, along with a balanced adventure design and a number of cool fight scenes.

3. Red Hand of Doom. It's long and epic, utilises standard-issue evil humanoids to good effect, and will teach your players that occasionally, retreat really is the best option.

Limiting it to 3E, ones I liked include:

The Goodman DCC line.
Rappan Athuk
Tomb of Abysthor
Lost City of Barakus
The Banewarrens
The Freeport Trilogy
Red Hand of Doom

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads