• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Best d20 Sci-Fi System for Universe Building?

elijah snow

First Post
Agreed, the Mongoose release is not d20. I have actually just negotiated to purchase a copy of T20 on these boards- I like to have the real thing and am curious to see the entire book.

I am curious as to what is in the Traveller's Guidebook that is featured as a new release on the http://www.TravellerRPG.com website.

elijah snow

First Post
S'mon said:
That would be my preferred approach. Traveller is best for planet generation, but I find it too gear-heady with hardware and would use d20 Future for spaceships & such.
Good to hear. Are the Menace Manual and d20 Apocalypse of any value as well for this purpose?

Nlogue

First Post
Burning Empires has a HUGE section on cooking up your own universe. It's the best on the topic that I've seen to date.

A cool D20 future game with a neat universe already worked into it is a game called Bulldogs! by Galileo Games.

RPGRealms

First Post
elijah snow said:
I am curious as to what is in the Traveller's Guidebook that is featured as a new release on the http://www.TravellerRPG.com website.

It's an expanded book for players. It has the original classes, skills, feats, and prior history of the Handbook but also adds a ton more. Personal combat has also been expanded a bit as well as a large equipment section.

It also contains those rules that were not allowed in the Handbook due to the d20 license (the Guidebook does not carry the d20 logo).

You don't need it, but the Guidebook greatly expands your character options if you want them.

Deekin

Adventurer
I'm a bit late in suggesting it, but Alternity is a great simple system, with a great way to quicky sum up enviroments- GRAPH- Gravity Radation Atmosphere Compisition, Pressure, and Heat and Cold extremes.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads