• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Best "Dungeon Crawl" Board Game(s)?

Thanee

First Post
Warhammer Quest is by far and wide the best dungeon crawling board game ever! :D

Just hope that GW will rerelease it like they did with Space Hulk, because it's prohibitively expensive these days.

Bye
Thanee

GlassJaw

Hero
HeroQuest! Old-school but still my favorite, for both fun and sentimental value. The expansion packs are great too if you can land them on ebay.

I do like Descent and Doom as well but for quick setup, teaching beginners, and instant out-of-the-box fun, HeroQuest is still the best.

Felon

First Post
Castle Ravenloft. It is quite possibly the best ever released.

Cheers!
In what venue did you get to play this? And how many times?

Amazon should be shipping these babies out any time now. Descent without all the overhead. Seems like a four-bagger concept to me.

Agamon

Adventurer
Castle Ravenloft. It is quite possibly the best ever released.

Really? As far as board games go, it's a good game? Looks a lot like DDM: the board game, with some Decent thrown in for good measure. The next one, Wrath of Somethingorother, looks like more of the same.

I thought when I first heard WotC was going to start doing D&D-themed board games, there'd be a little more creativity, like what FF has done with the Warhammer license....

Festivus

First Post
I have Talisman, and it's fun to play with my family when we get together, but it takes a LONG time to play. This is my fall back game when we don't have enough players for D&D.

I have played House on Haunted Hill and found it enjoyable, but the rules were a little confusing and it ran a little longish too.

Ravenloft will probably take a seat as the leader of the pack for two reasons:

1. It's easy to play and understand (I can at least explain how to play it)
2. It's FAST. My wife complains about games that take more than an hour... and I tend to agree with her that a shorter game will get more play... and replay.

jimmifett

Banned
Banned
I haven't played the others, but i really want to, esp Arkham. I can however tell you that Ravenloft is tons of fun. Best $45 i've spent in a long time.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads