• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Best Ethnicity-Inclusive D&D or D&D-esque campaign settings

Samloyal23

Adventurer
For the campaign I am working on, the Last Lands, I essentially have the remnants of a Europe and Middle East that has been destroyed by a series of quakes and tsunamis, the greater part of the continent sinking under the ocean. So I have cities based on Greece, Italy, Germany, Egypt, France, and Ireland, and nomadic tribes based on Native American and Polynesian tribes. Each city and tribe has a mix of common races that are rare in other areas. So there is some diversity but it is not an attempt to replicate the real world. The whole area is one large island and some smaller adjacent islands and a narrow strip of barren wilderness on the mainland.

A

amerigoV

You might look at Empire of the Petal Throne. Below is an interesting link to an interactive ebook (I have not gotten it myself). See the Author's write as to why they picked this setting.

https://plus.google.com/116434023985303414823/posts/bLtg6tjnBH7

The cool thing about EPT is that it was a real campaign setting back in the day while Greyhawk was just a whole in the ground. Its old, diverse and very different from the "typical" stuff that makes up most campaign worlds.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
I can't help but wonder if the formerly defunct Blue Rose campaign setting might be something to look into... I mean, they have Awakened animals as a playable race. That's pretty darn inclusive. :)

RobbieAB

Villager
I'm interested in a setting where anybody could sit down at the table and have at least a couple cultural options as to a character who looks like them and has a good, believable reason to be in the campaign's starting location. (ie not the only person of said culture for the rest of the adventurer.)

I find this an interesting question in the typical DnD setting.

I mean, sure, maybe you don't look local, but most cosmopolitan regions wouldn't bat an eyelid at an elf, dwarf, halfling, kender, half-drow, etc. In this context, being of african/asian/european/inuit/aboriginal descent really is quite boring and ordinary and not in the least bit different.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads