• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Best Feats for an offensive Incantatrix

Khelvan

First Post
In our new Campaign i am playing an Elven Wizard and wall take the Incantatrix PRC.
What would you suggest are the best Feats to take for an offensive Incantatrix or is there
an better PrC for an offensive Wizard?
Got the followwing Feats atm.
Level 1 Spellcasting Prodigy, 3 Iron Will
5 Not sure what to take Energy Substitution or Extend spell.
What of this would you prefer?
Waht Energy Sustitution would you suggest?
I tend to Acid but find it booring since almost all will take it.

At level six will take the Insightfull Feat for Ref Saving Throws but dont now what to take as first Incantatrix Feat.

Any Advice wlecome.

Thanks.

Minosis

First Post
you absolutely have to take craft wand, that allows you to add feats to wand use. Combine that with quicken and you can do some completely heinous things. Get a wand of shield and for 5 charges it can be active at the beginning of every combat, same withbear's endurance giving you emergency hit points.

I have a wand of mm (7th level) and I am over 9th so using both allows 9 mm.

take
craft wand
extend spell
empower spell
quicken spell
persistant spell

Khelvan

First Post
Minosis said:
you absolutely have to take craft wand, that allows you to add feats to wand use. Combine that with quicken and you can do some completely heinous things. Get a wand of shield and for 5 charges it can be active at the beginning of every combat, same withbear's endurance giving you emergency hit points.

I have a wand of mm (7th level) and I am over 9th so using both allows 9 mm.

take
craft wand
extend spell
empower spell
quicken spell
persistant spell

why do i need to take craft wand?
I thought an Incantatrix can use her Metamagic on Wands anyway when she gets the abililty?
Am i Wrong?

Khelvan

Ben Knipp

First Post
why do i need to take craft wand?
I thought an Incantatrix can use her Metamagic on Wands anyway when she gets the abililty?
Am i Wrong?

Khelvan

Metamagic Spell Trigger (Su): At 5th level, an incantatrix gains the ability to apply a metamagic feat she possesses to the effect of a spell trigger item (generally a wand). To use this ability, she must have the appropriate item creation feat to make the spell trigger item she is using.

Remove ads