• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Best Five RPG Books You Own

Garet44

First Post
lets see.....

Hollow Earth Expedition - Exile Games

Conan OGL - Mongoose Publishing

Black Company - Green Ronin

All Flesh Must Be Eaten - Eden Studios

Players Hand book 3.5 /Complete warrior - they go together

Honorable mention:

DragonQuest - SPI I still pull that one out to read every now and then

Terra Primate - Eden Studios - I was blown away the first time i read it.

Alternity - Oh yeah

Buffy the vampire slayer - Eden Studios - Just a very fun read
:cool:

Hjorimir

Adventurer
I don't own all of these yet (something I'm in the process of correcting), but here's my top five choices:

First: True20 Adventure Roleplaying/Mutants & Masterminds (2e)*
Second: Star Wars Saga Edition
Third: Shadow Run (4e)
Fourth: Dread
Fifth: Hollow Earth Expedition

* These two games are similar enough that I just think you take the one depending on the kind of game you want to play.

Honorable Mention: It isn’t a book, but Tact-Tiles are the best universal RPG product I’ve ever bought hands down.

Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Also, those of you have posted non-WOTC stuff, could you go back and edit your posts with links to the cool stuff? I hate having to google all of that stuff. Especially if they don't have a web presence.

Did what I could!

PhantomNarrator

First Post
Very, very hard choices, but here goes . . .

I value content over production value or mechanics. Your mileage may vary.

#5: "D & D Rules Cyclopedia" by Aaron Aalston (Arguably still the best version of D&D)

#4: "Over the Edge" by Jonathan Tweet and Robin D. Laws. Nice to see someone already mentioned this one. It bears repeating.

#3: "Suppressed Transmissions" by Kenneth Hite. More gaming goodness per page than a Shoggoth can shake a pseudopod at.

#2: "Call of Cthulhu" by Sandy Peterson and Lynn Willis. Accept no substitute.

#1: "Delta Green" by Dennis Detwiller, Scott Glancy & John Tynes. Best. RPG book. Ever. (Honorable mention to DG: Countdown).

Remove ads