• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Best follow up for Rime of the Frost Maiden?

Kilimanjaro

Explorer
We're rapidly approaching the end of this campaign and my players haven't decided if they want to make new characters and start a new campaign or keep going with their existing characters. They'll be around level 12 when we wrap up. Any suggestions for awesome level 12 adventures?

Retreater

Legend
I haven't found anything.
As far as high level, official content, there are only segments of larger dungeon adventures, such as Dungeon of the Mad Mage (not recommended) or the Tomb of Horrors from Yawning Portal (definitely not recommended for beloved characters).
So I'd suggest designing your own adventure or starting over with new characters (with my recommendation the latter option).

Lyxen

Great Old One
I'm thinking about converting the 3rd edition module "Lord of the Iron Fortress." After 12 levels of freezing their butts off in Icewind Dale I the players would like a change of scenery.

That's not a bad idea, you can then follow with Bastion of Broken Souls, which is not a bad very high level adventure at all, I really like the premise and some of the resolution paths.

Where to go next? Well, which parts of the adventure were most interesting to you and your players? If they dug the duergar, for example, you could send them into the Underdark and pillage Out of the Abyss for content. Off the top of my head, the frost giant lair from Storm King's Thunder could slot in easily. There's also a white dragon's iceberg lair which was cut from Rise of Tiamat and published on DMs Guild. Anyway, that's how I'd handle it.

Remove ads