• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Best Gestalt Combos?

brehobit

Explorer
blargney the second said:
That makes sense! Dragon Shaman ought to achieve a similar effect.
Yep. In fact if (Marshal/Dragon Shaman) on one side and Sorc or Paladin on the other works really really well.

Mark

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
brehobit said:
The argument is that an a Gestalt game the most important thing is actions. And most of a marshal's special abilities don't need an action....

Yup. I'm playing in a gestalt game at the moment - we all started as gestalt barbarians, but we just hit 2nd level and can multiclass away from barbarian if we want.

I'm going Dragon Shaman with my Druid, and I'm talking the Bard into going Marshal (he wants to take the second level of Barbarian for the Uncanny Dodge, but he'll go Marshal after that).

-Hyp.

Sejs

First Post
Bard/Druid.

Not only does it thematically jive, but there isn't a single damn thing you can't do at least reasonably well.

Seeten

First Post
szilard said:
Warblade/Fighter - A Warblade with Fighter bonus feats? Yes, please.

Try this as Warblade/Rogue, where the rogue is the UA variant that gets feats, thus adding crazy skills and skill points to the mix, also.

Kurashu

First Post
Psychic Warrior/Pretty much anything is a sure bet.
Any two full casting classes (wizard/cleric, wizard/psion, cleric/psion, et cetera)

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
twin full casting classes doesn't necessarily work well - I've seen a wizard/psion, and his lousy saves and hit points killed him pretty quickly.

A really great combo would be Ftr/Psion - full casting in armour, loads of hit points, loads of feats. A fighter/sorcerer is doing very well in one campaign I'm in (while I'm having fun with a paladin/bard, since we are ignoring alignment restrictions on the bard)

Justin Cray

First Post
Warlock/War Blade

Get that Hideous Blow cracking (after you get into position with invocations and manouvers)!

Very durable with d12 HD, DR and Medium Armor.

Nyaricus

First Post
Darklone said:
I'd love to try a Lurk/Rogue. You can't get more sneak attack.
That's pretty potent, actually. Plus with that feat from XPH that lets you re-roll 1's and combined with those other feats that let you get rid of SA dice for cool effects, you'd have tons of SAing in battle. Unfortunatly, not being familiar with the Lurk beyond "psionic rogue-like class" I can't say how synergistic they'd be otherwise.

cheers,
--N

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Darklone said:
I'd love to try a Lurk/Rogue. You can't get more sneak attack.

Would a gestalt Lurk/Rogue have more sneak attack dice than a single-classed Rogue?

Wouldn't it fall under the 'Class features two classes share' rule?

-Hyp.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads