• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Best location in the Realms

Red Viper

First Post
What do you feel is the best location for a campaigne in the Realms and why(any location)? What would be best out of the dale lands, border Kingdoms, or Silver Marches?

haiiro

First Post
"Best" in what way?

What are you looking for out of a region (the three you mentioned will offer very different RP opportunities)?

Tetsubo

First Post
I ran a 2E campaign based in Cormyr. It went very well. A big part of it was an alliance between Cormyr and Evermeet.

I am currently running a campaign set in Sembia. I have further developed the Cormyrian and Elven alliance.

DMauricio

First Post
Best is subjective.

Personally I like playing in campaigns set in and around Narfell/Damara region
However what I'd like to run is a Rashemi campaign.

Mind you these days I'm too busy with my own home-brew to think about playing/running a Realms based campaign

SteelDraco

First Post
What kind of plot ideas do you have? The Realms is big enough that you can find just about anything in different places. If you want to do a heavily political game, you're going to use a different spot than if you want to do wilderness fighting and some dungeons.

Personally, I usually use either the Moonsea region or the area around Waterdeep for my campaigns, for the simple reason that those are the areas I know the best. Not that I've done a Realms game in a couple of years, mind.

Most of my campaigns revolve around the Dalelands-Cormyr area or The North(Silver Marches). Mine right now is an oddity for me. It is a sort of whirlwind adventure that is heading from the dalelands to the lake of steam, then around to the Moonshaes and back to the Dales.

The "best" would probably be the dales, imo. It is detailed enough to give you plenty of ideas, but has enough open room to add your own. If you use the dales, I'd suggest downloading Volo's Guide to the Dalelands off of the WotC site.(I believe it is available there)

Napftor

Explorer
The beauty of the Realms is that your chosen campaign area is not too popular with the players (or, as it turns out, yourself!), there are a number of magic portals available to take you elsewhere. Just pick one of the areas (preferably one with the most source material to make your job easier) and go!

Remove ads