• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Best Miniature painting guide

Nilbog

Snotling Herder
Hi

So to kill a few hours of lockdown I've dug out my old miniature paints (not actually that old but you know) and decided to finally attempt to start painting some minis. The question I have is where to start, googling it bring up a whole plethora of guides and I really don't have the time or energy to sit through them all, so I thought I'd ask the folk on here, which beginners guide do you recommend?

Cheers

tommybahama

Adventurer
You can start with the Army Painter guide. It's very similar to the Games Workship method of painting.

1. Prime
  2. Basecoat
  3. Shade
  4. Highlight
  5. Varnish
  6. Done!
But YouTube is where it's at now days:

FUNDAMENTALS! A Complete Guide to Painting Minis. Only 30 minutes!

Covering the Basics - Drybrushing and Shades Anyone can do at least 80% as well as this guy by their third mini. That last 20% though...

Miniature Maniac is fairly entertaining in a disturbing kind of way. Squidmar Miniatures is also popular. There are many others that teach more advanced techniques in detail.

Remove ads