• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Best Non-Wizards 3.0/3.5 products?

Hstio

First Post
Limited to three, I'd say:

1. Midnight 2nd edition (a setting that has dominated my life for the past 4 years)
2. Iron Kingdoms Character/World Guide (I know I cheated, but I think of them as a set)
3. Ptolus (on scope and production standards alone)

Hstio

Shin Ji

First Post
Psion said:
[*]Beyond Monks (Chainmail Bikini / Goodman Games) - Like Bo9S, but balanced.

[/list]

Seriously? Now I love beyond monks, and there are good ideas in there, but that book actually managed to take the weakest class in the game, and make it weaker. Feats like Boxing and Kickboxing are straight up insulting.

I really hope that's not what you meant by balanced. And how can you not love Bo9S? Anyone who thinks 100 damage at 17th level is any kind of big deal needs to try playing high level D&D sometime

/end rant.

Psion

Adventurer
Shin Ji said:
Seriously? Now I love beyond monks, and there are good ideas in there, but that book actually managed to take the weakest class in the game, and make it weaker. Feats like Boxing and Kickboxing are straight up insulting.

I really hope that's not what you meant by balanced. And how can you not love Bo9S?

I can not love it because it's not balanced.

Seriously.

Anyone who thinks 100 damage at 17th level is any kind of big deal needs to try playing high level D&D sometime

Did I say that's why it wasn't balanced? Nope. Sounds like you are arguing with somebody who isn't in this thread.

And I'm not gonna topic drift on this either. This topic's been done to death in the rules forum.

Last edited:

w_earle_wheeler

First Post
Dungeon Crawl Classics: Crypt of the Devil-Lich
Wilderlands of High Fantasy
Knights of the Dinner Table (has contained d20 compatible stuff for the past few years, I think)

SiderisAnon

First Post
Based on how much they've impacted my game, I'd pick in order:

1) Elements of Magic
2) Arcana Evolved
3) Magical Medieval Society

No other books, besides the three WoTC core books sees anywhere near as much use at my table. All three have been incorporated into my core campaign and house rules.

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
#1: Dungeon - No contest whatsoever. It should really be #1-3.
#2: Advanced Bestiary - Mess with your players' heads. Rocks.
#3: Denizens of Avadnu - Gorgeous artwork, great monsters, what's not to love?
-blarg

Remove ads