D&D 5E Best one shot for 3-4th level characters, with players who really enjoy combat

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
The title says it all.

My son wants to run a 1-shot for his gamer group. They like combat. He wants them to be higher than 1st level, I suggested 3rd level so that all characters are sub-classed already. 4th would be ok too. (Once they hit 5th of course, it's a different game due to fireball and other 3rd level spells and fightery types get a 2nd attack.)

He does not want to do any conversions from other editions. So the adventure must be written for 5e.

With the above - suggestions? Ideally easy to get on DMs Guild or elsewhere, and not requiring collectible prices.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
The title says it all.

My son wants to run a 1-shot for his gamer group. They like combat. He wants them to be higher than 1st level, I suggested 3rd level so that all characters are sub-classed already. 4th would be ok too. (Once they hit 5th of course, it's a different game due to fireball and other 3rd level spells and fightery types get a 2nd attack.)

He does not want to do any conversions from other editions. So the adventure must be written for 5e.

With the above - suggestions? Ideally easy to get on DMs Guild or elsewhere, and not requiring collectible prices.
Forge of Fury from Yawning Portal?

Parmandur

Book-Friend
A good point. I think he's expecting 4-5 hours with relative D&D newbies
Take a look at Axeholm, from the Essentials Kit: an old Dwarcen Fortresss clogged with undead:

s5sgmusht2891.png

Essentials Kit is basically a box of one shots.

jgsugden

Legend
Forge of Fury from Yawning Portal?
This is an excellent suggestion. The adventure accomodates a battle focus. If you want to make it more interesting, add a mimic posing as a deck at the far side of the chasm in 3 on the first level, a mission to recover something that has been taken by the dragon at the bottom of the adventure - a something that will be ruined if not recovered within 5 days of entering the place, and give the dragon the Darkness and Silent Image spells.

Remove ads