• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Best place for custom dice

Treebore

First Post
Nift,

This is what my friend told me,

"Crystal Caste did some as part of their Dwarven Stones line. They're sold as a set of polyhedral dice, in the smaller size (can't remember if that's 12 or 14 mm). I think they also did a set of jade dice in the normal, full size.

As with all of Crystal Caste's stone dice, they're pricey."

Bumbles

First Post
What? I guess I should have clarified. She wants a set of pink sparkly dice and she also wants unicorns.

She wants actual unicorns? Well, I wouldn't suggest to her where the impediment to that comes from! :devil:

OTOH, it might explain why she's at the gaming table...

OTGH....wait, does that count or not?

Last edited:

JVisgaitis said:
Can't you get a custom set of sparkly pink with a unicorn on the face of the 1?

Might be easier to get the pink sparkly dice set, then get a pink dice bag and have a unicorn design (heraldric?) done in sequins with a fake gem for an eye...?

FurryFighter

First Post
Ahh. Sorry.:blush:
What about these then? $40 a set? Not 100% sure what "real" jade looks like as opposed to jade colored stone.
Stone Dice Green Jade 14mm Set and Bag - Stone Dice Sets

These guys have a supplier and dont do it themselves. I just got a 24$ set of Unakite dice, pretty and all, though when I got it, there is a very slight amount of material chipped of the point of the D20 centered around the 14-4-11-9-6 area. its barely perceptible, I probably unavoidable buying stone dice through mail. also, the d4 is slightly off center, its not an exact 3 side pyramid, but it seems to roll all numbers equally well. at 12 mm set, the 6d comes in at 9mm, as 12mm is just the median range for the set. Not sure if I got my money's worth, but we'll see after a few sessions.

Not looking for "lucky" (read off balance, poor design) dice that roll all high or all low, maybe I'll have to sell them @15 to someone who wants something that rolls lots of high numbers, if they do that due to the very slight imperfections. hopefully they roll as well as their appearance, and those little issues are nothing at all.

I'd probably pay 50 for a very perfectly cut set thats 16mm average, if gotten at a local supplier that didnt have to ship it to me.. They are very nice to look at and feel, the only detractor is the imperfections.

Edit: going off the zoom that shows the depth and valleys of crevices on those fake leather bags on the crystal caste site, they look like the same sets you get from GMDICE. I have the same bag, and my unakite D6 measures up to the same in the pic from crystal caste as the one I have, to the opening of the bag as comparison. the crystal caste is 6$ more expensive for the same thing it looks like.

its Late, sorry bad english..

Last edited:

Remove ads