• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Best Psion Discipline Along With Other Things

R1C0F3TT

First Post
I'm making a level 13 psion and I'm wondering what feats, discipline, race, equimpement I should have.

Also can someone explain the psionic focus rules to me?

Starbuck_II

First Post
I'm making a level 13 psion and I'm wondering what feats, discipline, race, equimpement I should have.

Also can someone explain the psionic focus rules to me?
Think of it as a state of mind.

krupintupple shows the link to it.

Best advice I have is attempt to gain focus the minute you wake up (well unless combat was reason you woke up then that sucks).
I always liked to start the day focused on the day ahead (joke but true).

It is also the method that Psionic classes use Metapsionics (psionic version of metamagic) feats (have to expend ie lose your focus).

You can only have 1 focus at a time (unless you have Psicrystal containment from the Psycrystal feats then 2 focus).

What kind of character are you trying to build?
That determines what discipline, possibly race, etc.

R1C0F3TT

First Post
What kind of character are you trying to build?
That determines what discipline, possibly race, etc.

I was thinking of going metacreativity because of the astral construct spell. But every other spell sucks in that discipline, so I was thinking telepathy, and take a feat to get astral construct.

I was also thinking human because of the extra feat.

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Yeah, you can get all 9 astral constructs with a single feat, so don't take metacreativity just for that. Telepathy is fun, but the amount of enemies just plain immune to it is annoying. There are also an irritating amount of powers that work specifically to block, negate, and even harm enemies using telepathy powers on you. If you play a Telepath, or even a psion focused that way, ask the DM to adapt Unsettling Enchantment feat for telepathy. There's really no reason not to allow it, enchantment is very similar in scope to telepathy. If he does, grab Demoralize. Now, for a single PP, you can target all enemies (and not allies) in a 30 ft area with save or shaken for min/level AND -2 penalties from the feat, whether they save or not. It's not very broken, but it is quite efficient.

Personally, I think Psychometabolism is the strongest discipline, just because of Metamorphosis and the greater version thereof. And then when you add the Metamorphic Transfer feat...

irdeggman

First Post
Also the rules changed on astral constructs (see Complete Psionic) so that you can only have 1 astral construct in existance at a time.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads