• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

best silent image illusions

A unique use would be to create the illusion of a shadow for the express purpose of hiding a shadow dancer. Few people will treat a cloud shaped shadow drifting across the sky, or that of a large flying creature, as particularly suspect.

Has anyone tried an illusion of green slime to great effect? That is one I have been waiting to use.

I once used an illusion of black pudding coupled with a real (smaller) black pudding to make a party think they were in much more danger than they were. They ended up running away from the dungeon completely, and then hunted down the BBEG caster in a way that didn't involve going back into his dungeon. So the characters never actually found out about the illusion.

So, I guess that was an effective use of an illusion. Too effective, actually. It was relatively useless to me in the long run.

Remove ads