Best system for horror... Thoughts?

SteveC

Doing the best imitation of myself
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned this yet, but Spycraft could fit what you're trying to do quite well. I have only seen a few episodes of Supernatural, but it seemed to be more of a "kick evil in the teeth" sort of thing, which I think Spycraft does well.

As far as getting knocked out, Spycraft's mooks can't crit you unless the GM gives them a special quality, and you could tinker around with the campaign qualities to get more of a horror type effect as well.

Other than that, I say use Hero, but then I think it's darn near the perfect game for, well, darn near anything.

--Steve

Ron

Explorer
KaosDevice said:
Doesn't ConX use the Unisystem just like Buffy/Angel and All Flesh? (BTW if you want the Unisystem for free, you can find CJ Carrella's Witchcraft out there...come to think of it that rule set would work pretty well too.)

:D

Yes, but Buffy, Angel and Armies of Darkness use the Cynematic version, which is somewhat ligther in rules and customized to be... cynematic, whereas ConX, All Flesh, Armageddon, Terra Primate, and Witchcraft uses the full version of Unysistem.

Remove ads