• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Best third party publisher Pathfinder products?

I'm wondering what people have found and would give 4 or more stars out of 5 to.

For me, just about all the Open Design/Kobold quarterly pathfinder materials have been stellar.

Howsabout you?

Wicht

Hero
Of the publishers who have not paid me for work (meaning Open Design and Rite), Green Ronin is probably my favorite. Though they have not done a lot of Pathfinder stuff, I still use their older material with some frequency.

Edit: Let me add, since picking Green Ronin is a bit of a cop from the actual question (their Pathfinder offerings are slim), that I really have got a lot of use out of the Pathfinder Paper Mini's line as well as the material they have put out for Rite and Open Design. I'm not sure what the actual company should be called, as a small group is doing work for multiple companies, but the concept is pure win for me.

Last edited:

Krome

First Post
Four stars or higher for:

Zombie Sky Press for Incantation in Theory and Practice
4th Dimension Games for Skill Encounters Non-Combat Challenges
and Adamant Entertainment for all three Fell Beasts PDFs

quite frankly these three are presenting great new material that deserve to be on everyone's must have lists.

jreyst

First Post
All of the following publishers have been good friends of (and in several cases, contributors to) d20pfsrd.com as well as having released multiple, very high quality products. I'm more than happy to suggest these publishers to others (and do so regularly on Twitter & FB):

Spes Magna Games
Mark Chance has contributed many great things directly to the site and releases a great newsletter called Quid Novi? Great stuff.

Tricky Owlbear
Tricky Owlbear releases book after book of great stuff. We're actively engaged in getting the Forgotten Foes stuff posted, but by request we're delaying the releases and plan to use the content to help promote the book.

Super Genius Games
The geniuses have released so many great books we basically can't keep up with them. Strong and avid supporters of open gaming, we salute you!

Jon Brazer Enterprises
Dale McCoy is a good friend of d20pfsrd.com and has personally contributed many different items. We collaborated with him on editing his Book of Beasts and I think due to the efforts and in-depth knowledge of monsters several of our crew has, we helped make the book better. I know Vlad and Brett (and a few other guys) were very actively involved in finding errata that was buried down deep in there :) Anyway, we really like Dale and strongly support Jon Brazer Enterprises.

4 Winds Fantasy Gaming
4 Winds books "Luven Lightfinger’s Gear & Treasure Shop" and "Strategists & Tacticians: The Definitive Guide to Clever Warriors" have been top sellers and its clear why, they're friggin sweet :) Oddly enough (and unrelated) we just added more stuff from the Luven Lightfingers book to the site today.

Frog God Games
One of the guys at Frog God (Chuck Wright) was one of the most active contributors to d20pfsrd.com and pretty much 90% of the Tome of Horrors conversions we have on the site now are due to his tireless efforts. He's pretty busy now that FGG is cranking out great product on a regular basis so he hasn't been around much lately, but the new crew have kept a chair at the table ready for him in case his schedule opens up at all. Anyway, the Slumbering Tsar books are among the coolest books anyone, anywhere, has created or likely ever will create. You people should check that stuff out.

Sagawork Studios
Andrew at Sagawork Studios must be busy on something other than gaming because I don't think he's been around lately but if you like adventures with an extremely well done "old-school" feel, you need to check his stuff out.

Remove ads