• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Best Undead Minions?

Red Wyrmling

First Post
I for one like to use the spell as a player to gather up every kill the party makes as meatshields and trapspringers.

Eventually you'll end up with a dozen or so low level skeleton's or zombies that are very usefull for a weak wizard to take shelter behind too.

Only problem are cities and the unnatural tendency of citydwellers to freak out at the sight of a bunch of zombies.

The fun part is when you start to bring back other dead partymembers to serve in your undead warband.

Sejs

First Post
It's all a matter of application, really. Zombies in semi-watery environments like a swamp are wonderful; not having to breathe but still having enough mass to slog around without difficulty. Skeletons are nice because they travel well, and they're easier to bury. Just have 'em dig themselves down 6 feet, cover with dirt and relinquish control - voila! Instant undea Pick-Me-Up for later on when you need 'em.

Skeletal Centaurs, already mentioned, are fun both as lancers and archers.
Skeletal Ogres in armor are a treat.

And, as a personal favorite of mine: take a zombie, hollow out its chest cavity, fill it with plague rats, then sew it back up. When your enemies go to strike it down, the stitching pops open spilling its contents like an infectious pinata of woe.

JimAde

First Post
Sejs said:
And, as a personal favorite of mine: take a zombie, hollow out its chest cavity, fill it with plague rats, then sew it back up. When your enemies go to strike it down, the stitching pops open spilling its contents like an infectious pinata of woe.
I think "infections pinata of woe" is my phrase of the day! Now I just have to work it into conversation in my business meetings. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads