Best VTT for tabletop lcd

jerry247

Villager
I finally found a cheap lcd and am wondering which is the best VTT to use if I put it flat on (or in) the table. Ideally it would run from my tablet, but I have a laptop I can use.

The whole package (campaign manager, monster dbase, retail books) isn't necessary, nor is bells and whistles.

What I'm most excited about is a virtual map, but I'm sure there are more great options for it's use.

So what say you? If it matters I run 5e now and use minis at ghe table. While youre at it, let me know what other amazing things I can do with a VTT and an lcd with my in person table top group.

Ovinomancer

No flips for you!
I finally found a cheap lcd and am wondering which is the best VTT to use if I put it flat on (or in) the table. Ideally it would run from my tablet, but I have a laptop I can use.

The whole package (campaign manager, monster dbase, retail books) isn't necessary, nor is bells and whistles.

What I'm most excited about is a virtual map, but I'm sure there are more great options for it's use.

So what say you? If it matters I run 5e now and use minis at ghe table. While youre at it, let me know what other amazing things I can do with a VTT and an lcd with my in person table top group.

If you're only going to use it for maps and keep the rest of play at the table, then MapTools is both free and very, very functional for mapping. The biggest issue will be sourcing art, but most of the map/token packs on Roll20 are downloadable after purchase, so $20 judiciously spent can get a very nice set of art to build with.

I do Roll20, and currently have a $10-$12/session habit for new art packs on Roll20. I keep telling myself that soon I'll have all the art I need and won't need to go looking for that new piece for this week's setup, but, so far, it hasn't happened.

Remove ads