• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Bestiary PDF also $9.99

carborundum

Adventurer
Vic just revealed that the Bestiary pdf will be as inexpensive as the RPG - $9.99.

Vic Wertz said:
Oh, and also—you heard it here first—like the Core Rulebook, the Bestiary PDF will be $9.99. (*After* the Bestiary, though, PDF pricing on the Pathfinder RPG line will return to our usual discount of 30% off the print price.)

That gets a nice solid base for PFRPG out there at a reasonable price - and lets everyone see how pretty the books are and gets them to buy real ones.

At least - that worked for the rest of my gaming group when they saw mine :)

Treebore

First Post
Sweet!

About the Bestiary.

I was hoping they would drop their PDF pricing on other stuff to at least 50% of retail, but oh well, I guess PDF's will continue to be my "red headed step child". Except for the ones I get free with my subscriptions.

DEP

First Post
Oh how I love Paizo so much! I knew they were the best for a reason, and here is another example. Being able to give anyone who wants a complete system for 20$ is fantastic!

Keep up the most excellent work and I shall continue to buy your products for as far as I can see!

JoeGKushner

First Post
Makes sense. A lot of this is, well, not reprinted material, but refitted material. Pricing it at this affordable price should keep the 'grousing' down.

Even though I'm almost exclusively a 4E player, some of the changes to Pathfinder have gotten me to buy the core book and I'll pick up the bestiary pdf, and if it's "nice" enough, I'll pick up the book.

I'm also getting the Council of Thieves stuff (just to have, that way if we do want to play PF, we have that to run).

But yeah, for $10, can you really beat it (except for free from the SRD stuff...but again, no cool pictures!)?

smug

First Post
I was hoping they would drop their PDF pricing on other stuff to at least 50% of retail, but oh well, I guess PDF's will continue to be my "red headed step child". Except for the ones I get free with my subscriptions.

That would probably cause some disquet amidst their bricks-and-mortar distribution. And I guess they have marketing rationales of their own.

Wicht

Hero
AS I'm getting it "free," it doesn't affect me but it seems like a pretty good move to get the book out there to non-subscribers.

Remove ads