Bet you wish your workplace looked like WotC?

Gaming Tonic

First Post
Cool pics. Thank you for sharing. It must have been a very fun trip!

Yes it was. I met a lot of really nice people. Shelly Mazzanoble was sitting behind me while I was playtesting the new edition which I somehow didn't find intimidating at all. While we were in the lobby Michael Robles came up and chatted with us for a bit. I feel really fortunate for the experience and I believe that it is a positive attitude toward rpgs and gamers in general that brought the opportunity to me.

Albrecht79

First Post
Yes it was. I met a lot of really nice people. Shelly Mazzanoble was sitting behind me while I was playtesting the new edition which I somehow didn't find intimidating at all. While we were in the lobby Michael Robles came up and chatted with us for a bit. I feel really fortunate for the experience and I believe that it is a positive attitude toward rpgs and gamers in general that brought the opportunity to me.

Does it seem like a stiff corporate office or were the people generally loose and having fun?

Gaming Tonic

First Post
Does it seem like a stiff corporate office or were the people generally loose and having fun?

It really was a mix. You could definitely see how people have a lot of fun working there. I believe based on some of the things I observed that the employees of WotC work long days. Obviously some of that work is playtesting and game design and theory which may seem like fun but not as much fun when your livelihood depends on getting it right. I did see a meeting schedule on the wall in the conference room that listed the timeline for how a meeting should go in order not to have it just keep going, which can happen when creative types get together to discuss anything.

All in all, I would work there in a heartbeat. Everyone was friendly, outgoing, and creative. They have a tough job to do coming up, and I hope as a gaming community we all do are best to submit positive feedback and constructive feedback as that is what is going to make the next edition the best yet. I have faith, I am a goblet is half full kind of guy.

Remove ads