• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Better than the Lightsaber Kid

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Interesting. Develop some unsympathetic characters who spout laughable dialogue while they take turns attacking each other's weapons over and over again and it'd be just like watching something by George Lucas himself.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
I have a vague memory that the two guys there are (or maybe were) well-known names in the amateur video community, specifically in regards to creating lightsaber effects using common graphics products.

Known for their CGI, rather than their stunts, which explains a lot about the strengths and weaknesses of the clip :)

-Hyp.

Viking Bastard

Adventurer
I really liked the original clip, but that Art of the Saber thing is, well, awful.

Nice graphics, but a horribly boring fight.

I remember one which had two Sith Apprentices fighting each other for their Master. Great fight and stunning CGI effects.

Wolv0rine

First Post
That was.. well.. really pretty good. They did a good job of mixing in normal "try to jockey the opponent's saber out of position" moves with "if that'd gotten past you, you were toast" moves. The ending was weird, but I took it as "If we're going to do this, we both want to win", so no big.

Remove ads