Beyond the Rerisen Tower(DM Iron Sky, Judge: renau1g)

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
GM: H.M. - The first square it entered that was adjacent to you was the one it ended in - it started 9 squares above you. Also, Grasping Winds only did 3 damage since it's a melee attack, not a burst/blast. Every square pulled must move the targets closest to you, so I moved the enemy appropriately.

You also crit on 19-20 against undead, thanks to the Deathscarred Boon(might want to note that somewhere) so you Crit the swarm doing max + 1d12(High Crit) + 1d6(+1 weapon) = 8 extra damage, just enough to kill it outright!

Damage to "dead" dead has no effect on them unless it's a coup-de-grace. Of course, a coup-de-grace lets you make any attack you would normally make, so we'll just call that a coup-de-grace that happened to screw up everything else around Eithal as well. :)

Note to everyone: please include defenses targeted(AC, Ref, etc), damage types(if different than untyped), and effects of all power(Strength of Stone 5 DR EONT). Saves me time looking them up. Thanks.
OOC: Thanks for catching my mistakes. I went back and changed my CS. For some reason, it says "CB1" for GW (No idea why).

I try to reference defenses and bonuses in my attacks and summaries, for this very reason. It can get confusing, and it allows DMs and players to catch my mistakes (which are, regrettably, many :blush:).
OOC: *edit* Went back and looked at it again. I also go GoS mixed up with Crushing Earth Strength (which, unfortunately doesn't apply in this case). In any case, the swarm still takes lethal damage on account of the crit.

RRH1 also took lethal damage (I critted hi too and rolled his extra damage, but since it's too messy to retcon, I figure heck with it, 17 is enough).

RRB1 only took 13 (not 17) points of damage.

I'm really sorry about the fiasco.

Last edited:

Xeterog

Explorer
OOC: Will be out of touch for a few days (thanksgiving and all)..will probably do my turn on Saturday or Sunday.

[sblock=switchback]Yea, lets get these dead eliminated so we can get down to help the beach...I didn't help them that much by pushing one down to add to the mess :)[/sblock]

Mewness

First Post
Scarmiglione, who has been peering at the beach, turns back. "I think they may--" he begins, just as the beast pounces on him. When it claws at him a second time he vanishes and reappears a few yards away, continuing his sentence as though nothing has happened. "--have it under control down there. But what in the world are those? Nobody mentioned little floating globules."

[sblock=phase of stars]Scarm changes to phase of the stars when bloodied, teleports to H8. (Adjusted from G8 to keep him away from the edge.)[/sblock]
[sblock=plans]Yeah I made a couple of mistakes looking over the situation... My thought was that Toeto could summon the spirit next to a mote, attack it, then move the spirit and herself closer to Scarm so as to heal Scarm and Fred at the same time... And then I realized that that requires too many actions. Also it didn't occur to me that Scarm can't get CA with the soldiers because they're all dazed.

At any rate, I'll wait on Fred to shift out from under the swarm (and get the militia guy in L5 to M5 if he has the actions for it).[/sblock]

Dekana

Explorer
OOC: Fred, Scar, and Toeto gain regeneration 2 while bloodied until the end of the encounter. They can choose to end the effect as a minor action to regain 11 hp.

Scar's right; the survivors on the beach seem to be managing for now. But the the situation on the switchback is steadily degrading. Toeto turns away from the cliff and, now that the closest beast is further away, rushes ahead into the center of the battlefield.

"N... T, This is the end of you, dark spirits!" As soon as she spits out the threat, a towering column of clear blue water bursts straight up from the ground around her, collecting into a large sphere just above her head. The hovering liquid ball can even be seen to contain a school of large, semi-transparent sharks swimming about. Then, just as suddenly as it formed, the sphere explodes with a roaring CRASH! The deluge floods half of the switchback, covering Toeto, Fredrock, Scarmiglione, and most of the undead in the warm blue water. The ghost sharks, too, pass through the undead, each fish tearing off a chunk of rotting flesh from its prey. The ravens are knocked to the ground by the wave and remain motionless. For Toeto and her allies, the coating of water is much less threatening. The spirit-infused liquid slowly mends the wounds of each of them.

Sprout appears near Fredrock in the immediate aftermath of the wave and snaps ineffectually at the closest undead.

[sblock=Toeto stats/actions][sblock=actions]Move: Toeto walks to I9.

Standard: Spirit of the Healing Flood vs Ravens (K5), Beast (L5), Beast (G9), Mote (K9), RRD (F10), Mote (K11), Mote (J13): Roll...
Ravens (K5): hits Fort 13 for 13+5 = 18 damage, "killing" it.
Beast (L5): hits Fort 23 for 13 damage
Beast (G9): hits Fort 13 for 13 damage
Mote (K9): hits? Fort 27 for 13 damage (away from books, but I think stunned gives CA)
RRD (F10): misses Fort 11. Minion, so no damage.
Mote (K11): hits? Fort 18 for 13 damage
Mote (J13): hits? Fort 22 for 13 damage
Wow... nice rolls.
Effect: Toeto, Fredrock, and Scar gain 2 regeneration while bloodied until the end of the encounter. They can choose to end the effect as a minor action to regain 11 hp.

Minor: Call Spirit Companion. Sprout appears in K4.

AP-Spring Renewal Strike vs Ravens (K5) RRD (K3) misses Fort 9. Damn.[/sblock][sblock=Spirit's Shield OA]Toeto can take OAs through her spirit companion if an enemy adjacent to it moves without shifting. The power is At-Will, +6 vs Reflex, 4 damage, and Effect: one ally within 5 squares of the companion regains 5hp (8 if adjacent to the SC).[/sblock]Toeto - Female Lizardfolk Shaman 3
Initiative +3, Senses: Insight +5, Perception +10; low-light vision
HP 30/38; Bloodied 19, Surge Value 9, Surges 10/10
AC 18; Fortitude 16, Reflex 14, Will 17
Speed 5
Action Points 0

Conditions
Regeneration 2 while bloodied until end of encounter

Powers
Call Spirit Companion, Protecting Strike, Spirit's Shield, Voice of Battle
Certain Threat, Healing Spirit x2, Lizardfolk Recovery, Speak with Spirits, Spring Renewal Strike
Hungry Spirits Totem, Protective Roots, Spirit of the Healing Flood

Notes
Any ally adjacent to Toeto's spirit companion regains +3 additional hit points when he or she uses second wind or when Toeto uses a healing power on him or her.

[sblock=Spirit Companion rules]The spirit companion is treated as a conjuration with some exceptions.
  • It occupies 1 square like an ally does.
  • It is only affected by melee or ranged attacks (not close/area attacks or zones).
  • It is dispersed if it takes 11 or more damage from a single blow, and Toeto takes 6 damage. It is otherwise unaffected by attacks. It uses Toeto's defenses.
  • It cannot be flanked and it does not grant flanking.
  • It can move 5 squares whenever Toeto takes a move action. It is not affected by difficult terrain.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Eithal swishes her axe as the hulk approaches, but only connects with the air. Embarrassed, she sticks her tongue out and tears across the beach to lure the evil things away from her companions, "Cayatch me iff'n yew cayan!"

Unfortunately, one of them does, tearing a nasty gash across her shoulder.[sblock=Actions]Standard: Strength of Stone
Target: RRH1
Attack: 1d20+10=14 vs. AC Miss!

Free: Mark RRH1 and RRB1

Move: to K5
RRH1 OA: 1d20+6-4(GoS)=20 vs. AC for 2d6+3=12-5(SE)=7 damage
RRB1 OA: 1d20+6-4(GoS)=16 vs. AC Miss

That didn't go how I wanted it to go :mad:, but I'll take it in stride with last round :).[/sblock][sblock=Ministats]
Eithal Lemindt Arehei Female Goliath Warden Level 4
Initiative: +2
Speed 6
Passive Perception: 17; Passive Insight: 12; Senses: Normal
Powerful Athlete: Roll twice for Jump/Climb Athletics checks
AC: 20; Fort: 18; Reflex: 12; Will: 14
HP:38/57
Surge Value: 14; Surges left: 13/13
Action Points: 0

At Will Powers
:
:melee: Strength of Stone link
:melee: Thorn Strike link
:melee:Warden's Fury link
Warden's Grasp link

Encounter Powers:
:melee: Grasping Winds link
:melee: Relentless Panther Attack
link
:close: Burst of Earth's Fury link
Stone's Endurance link
Warden's Tempest link

Daily Powers:
Form of the Relentless Panther link

Feats:

Sudden Roots: Whenever Eithal hits an enemy with an Opportunity Attack, that enemy is slowed until the end of its next turn.

Crushing Earthstrength: When Eithal uses her second wind, she gains a +4 bonus to her weapon damage rolls until the end of her next turn.

Guard of Stone: While Eithal is under the effect of her stone’s endurance racial power, each enemy marked by Eithal takes an additional penalty to attack rolls for attacks that don’t include Eithal as a target. The penalty equals her Constitution modifier and lasts until the end of her next turn. [/sblock]

Mewness

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I think Toeto's daily killed the ravens (don't need to halve the damage because it's a burst--the ravens are actually vulnerable to it).[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
GM: I totally missed updating the Combatants coordinates for the beach. Fixed now.

Also, Toeto's daily did 18 damage to the ravens, not 6, as Mewness pointed out.

Of to do T-day stuff. I'll probably check on the thread late tonight or tomorrow morning. Happy T-day!

Luinnar

First Post
Ignoring the undead near him, Kaz rushes up to the beast next to his friends. With a swift motion he swings his giant axe slicing the beast and dropping it. He then sidesteps the creature towards the hulk next to it.

[sblock=actions]
Move:J7. OA hit 25 vs 22 AC., Kaz takes 5 damage (Kaz had 4THP, so he only took 1 damage) is pushed 1 square
Minor: Oath Beast 1.
Standard: Overwhelming Strike 23 vs AC, hit 13 damage, it is "dead". Kaz shifts to I7.

[sblock=stat block]
Kaz Male Elf Avenger 3, bloodied
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: 22, Passive Insight: 15, Senses: Low Light
AC:20+2, Fort:14+2, Reflex:15+2, Will:16+2
HP: 19/40, Bloodied:20, Surge Value:10, Surges left:9/9
Action Points: 1
Basic Attack Battlecrazed Executioner's Axe+1, +5 vs AC, 1d12+2 damage (+1d12 on crit, 19-20 threat against undead, +1d6 when bloodied, reroll 1&2 damage)

Powers:
Bond of Pursuit
Overwhelming Strike

Angelic Alacrity
Oath of Enmity
Abjure Undead/Divine Guidance
Sequestering Strike
Avenger's Resolve
Second Wind
Elven Accuracy

Aspect of Might
Battlecrazed Executioner's Axe +1
Deathscarred boon

Conditions:
Non-elf allys within 5 square get +1 to perception.
If oath target moves away willingly, +6 damage to next attack. (Censure of Pursuit)
Can shift through difficult terrain (wild step)
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Mewness

First Post
Scarmiglione straightens up a little, his feathers fluffing after being drenched in Toeto's flood. "SQUAWK!" There is an explosion of sparks right next to him. One walking corpse shivers into dust, but the beast is unscathed. "Why just stand there, fools!" He says to the nearby men. "Can you do nothing useful? Be off with you!" The men turn and flee.

[sblock=Actions]Note: area/ranged attacks don't provoke owing to shadowdance armor.

Scarm regenerates 2. Now at 19 hp.

Standard: blazing starfall centered on G10. Vs Reflex against beast (G9); minion (F10); damage 1d20+8=11 1d20+8=28 1d4+10=13 missed beast (how embarrassing), destroyed minion.

ZONE from F9 to H11 until EoNT, does 2 fire to any enemy that leaves it.

Move > Minor: militia at E11 flees battlefield.

Minor: militia at E13 flees battlefield.

AP: sly flourish against stunned mote at K9, vs AC 1d20+10+2=29 1d4+9+2d6=18 hit, presumably, for 18.[/sblock]
[sblock=MiniKenku]Scarmiglione Male Kenku Rogue|Sorcerer 4
Initiative: +6, Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 12, Senses: Low-light vision
AC:19, Fort:15, Reflex:18, Will:18; Resist 5 radiant
HP:19/39, Bloodied:19, Surge Value:9, Surges left:7/7
Action Points: 0
Blazing Starfall
Sly Flourish

Wave of Light
Low Slash
Sneak In the Attack
Second Wind

Shocking Magnetism
Shadowdance Armor (item)
Lucky Charm (item)

Phase of the Sun: At the start of my turn, each enemy adjacent to me takes 2 fire and radiant damage; resist 5 cold
Phase of the Moon: Bonus to AC equal to number of conscious adjacent enemies; resist 5 psychic
Phase of the Stars: Whenever an enemy's attack misses me, I can teleport 2 as a free action; resist 5 radiant

First Time Bloodied: Change immediately to next phase.

Conditions: bloodied, healing flood

Full sheet: Scarmiglione[/sblock]

Last edited:

With the battle turning in the party's direction, Yishim breathes a sigh of relief, and sees two remaining undead still making their way towards his friends? allies?
Limited Liability Partners, I think that's the appropriate market relationship. Did I say that out loud?

Apparently yes. Still somewhat lost in his thoughts, he unleashes a fiery blast near the spirit stallion. The undead nearest the cliff goes down again, while the horse and other rerisen shake off the flames.
[sblock=Actions]Enlarged Scorching Burst on K2. Vs Reflex on RRD2, RRD1S, Spirit companion (1d20+7=10, 1d20+7=16, 1d20+7=10).

RRD 1S in M3 is "dead".

Move: L7[/sblock][sblock=Yishim Stat Block]Yishim- Male Human Wizard 3
Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 17
AC:18, Fort:13, Reflex:18, Will:17, Resist 10 Force -- Speed:6
HP:14/29, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:6/6
Initiative +5
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used
Powers: Scorching Burst, Chilling Cloud, Phantom Bolt, Shield, Grasping Shadows, Maze of Mirrors, Orb of Deception, Phantom Chasm, Orb of Unintended Consequences, Brooch of Shielding[/sblock]

Remove ads