Beyond the Rerisen Tower(DM Iron Sky, Judge: renau1g)

Xeterog

Explorer
NO, you killed Livia, you bastard! Fredrock yells as he steps forward and attacks the Avatar, his armor glowing briefly in the firelight.

[sblock=actions]
start of turn: Regen 5
Start of Turn: Take 7-3 = 4 fire damage
Minor: end regen 3 to heal 13
Move: shift next to Avatar (K16): take 5 - 3 = 2 fire damage
Standard: Spend one Power Point on :melee:Iron Fist: Hits for 11 + 3 (vuln)=14 damage: Effect Fire Resistance 9 TEONT
Free: Dwarven armor to heal 14

[/sblock]
[sblock=Fredrock]
Beckoning Strike Stance
Fire Resistance 9 TEONT
DR 3 TEOE
regen 5 when bloodied TEOE
HP down 8 of 58
Marked: Avator of Ravens
AP used
8/13 surges left
PP 2 of 4 used

Fredrock Hammersmith - Male Dwarf Battlemind, level 5
Passive Perception: +16, Passive Insight: +21 Senses: Low-Light
Init +1, Speed:5
AC:22, Fort:18, Reflex:18, Will:20
HP 50/58, Bloodied:29, Surge Value:14, Surges left:8/13
Action Points: 0/3, Power points 2/4
Powers-
Blurred Step link
:close:Battlemind Demand link
:melee:Mind Spike link
:melee:Bull's Strength link
:melee:Iron Fist link
:melee:Mist Weapon link
Second Wind link
Battle Resilience link
:close:Telepathic Challenge link
:melee:Aspect of Elevated Harmony link
:melee:Beckoning Strike link
:melee:Beckoning Strike attack

Item powers
Dwarven Scale armor link

:melee:MBA +11 vs AC, 1d10+6 (brutal 2)
:ranged:RBA +1 vs AC, 1d4-1 (improvised..would have to pick up a rock or something)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mewness

First Post
Scarmiglione vanishes and reappears behind a nearby pillar, from which he squawks at the avatar. He calls out to Cale, who climbs down from his ledge and moves behind a pillar.

[sblock=actions]Free (phase of the stars, when avatar's attack misses): teleport to E18 to get cover from pillar.

2 x Minor: Cale climbs down. Athletics 1d20=5. Not sure what his bonus is but that's likely a failure. 5+11 is a success. Scarm uses a second minor to get Cale to move to P19 (someone else will need to get him to do his healing). If it is a failure, Scarm uses the action to get Cale up from prone, but Cale can't get within healing range this round.

Standard: blazing starfall centered on avatar J14. 1d20+10+2(CA)=24 1d4+12=15 hit for 15 + 5 vuln = 20 radiant.[/sblock]
[sblock=MiniKenku]Scarmiglione Male Kenku Rogue|Sorcerer 5
Initiative: +6, Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 12, Senses: Low-light vision
AC:20, Fort:15, Reflex:19, Will:18; Resist 5 radiant
HP:30/44, Bloodied:22, Surge Value:11, Surges left:5/7
Action Points: 0
Blazing Starfall
Sly Flourish

Wave of Light
Low Slash
Sneak In the Attack
Songmaster’s Boon (item)
Second Wind

Blinding Barrage
Thunder Leap
Shadowdance Armor (item)
Lucky Charm (item)

Phase of the Sun: At the start of my turn, each enemy adjacent to me takes 2 fire and radiant damage; resist 5 cold
Phase of the Moon: Bonus to AC equal to number of conscious adjacent enemies; resist 5 psychic
Phase of the Stars: Whenever an enemy's attack misses me, I can teleport 2 as a free action; resist 5 radiant

First Time Bloodied: Change immediately to next phase.

Conditions: phase of the stars, resist all 3, healing flood

Full sheet: Scarmiglione[/sblock]
OOC: Alas for Livia. (And probably alas for Cale.)

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
GM: Fortunately, just checked, and Cale has +11 Athletics. Also, just in case I miss when someone gets the final blow, the Avatar has 248 max hp(I think she has 17 left after Scarm and Fredrock have gone)

Cale, care for Kaz! I'll keep working on countering this ritual.

Yishim manages to reroute some of the ritual's energies again, but ultimately cannot fully end the spell. In frustration, he fires a bolt of energy at the Avatar, connecting solidly.

[sblock=Actions]
Minor: Counterspell delays one round more
Standard: Phantom Bolt on Avatar hits for 12 Psychic damage. I won't slide it as hopefully Fred can get at the thing. Rolls. I don't know what the RBA is for Reactive Detonate, so I'll let you roll it. I'll use Shield to dodge or my Brooch of Shielding's daily power (resist 10) if hit.
Move->Minor: Command Cale to Inspiring Word on Kaz. Kaz heals surge + 6.[/sblock]
[sblock=Yishim Stat Block]Yishim- Male Human Wizard 5
Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 17
AC:19, Fort:14, Reflex:19, Will:18, Resist 10 Force -- Speed:6
HP:31/37, Bloodied:18, Surge Value:9, Surges left:4/6
Initiative +6
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers: Scorching Burst, Phantom Bolt, Shield, Heroic Effort, Grasping Shadows, Maze of Mirrors, Orb of Deception, Orb of Insurmountable Force, Phantom Chasm, Visions of Avarice, Brooch of Shielding
Other: Deathwalker's Boon, Resplendent Gloves[/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
Time to end this, dark abomination! Kaz shouts. He calling upon his deity's holy power and a gigantic ray of divine energy blasts from above. It pierces the dark avatar, who shrieks in pain as each and every molecule of its being is burned away with radiant energy.

[sblock=actions]
Free:Amulet of Life :Kaz spends an additional surge when healed.
Kaz take 7 fire damage
Move:Stand up from prone
Standard: Abjure Undead (I believe Kaz can hit from there.)
crit 50+(+2/each ally within 2 squares, if that matters) radiant damage, harmful movement save succeeded.

[sblock=stat block]
Kaz Male Elf Avenger 5,
Initiative: +5, Passive Perception: 24, Passive Insight: 17, Senses: Low Light
AC:21+2, Fort:16+2, Reflex:17+2, Will:19+2
HP:25/52, Bloodied:26, Surge Value:13, Surges left:1/9
Action Points: 1
Basic Attack Battlecrazed Executioner's Axe+1, +7 vs AC, 1d12+3 damage (+1d12 on crit, 19-20 threat against undead, +1d6 when bloodied, reroll 1&2 damage)

Powers:
Bond of Pursuit
Overwhelming Strike

Angelic Alacrity
Oath of Enmity
Abjure Undead/Divine Guidance
Sequestering Strike
Avenger's Resolve
Second Wind
Elven Accuracy

Amulet of Life +1
Aspect of Might
Strength of Many
Battlecrazed Executioner's Axe +1

Conditions:
Non-elf allys within 5 square get +1 to perception.

If oath target moves away willingly, +6 damage to next attack. (Censure of Pursuit)

Can shift through difficult terrain (wild step)

+2 to Defense, +1d6 damage if bloodied (equipment)

+5 to athletic checks, +2 to speed and +2 to melee attack damage.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Dekana

Explorer
OOC: Lol, 50 damage. That's a nice finish, Luinnar.
I'll just try to tie up loose ends with the ritual. Toeto moves to F10, uses Speak with Spirits, and a standard action to counterspell. (24, not *quite* enough to counterspell it totally)

While the avatar is fighting for her unlife, Toeto brings her own brand of counterspelling to the hungerer tomb. She cracks the tomb with her totem and pleads, "Unborn spirits! To me!" One might imagine that intentionally calling new life into a necromancy ritual would be a bad idea, but quite the opposite happens. Several small vines rush up from the ground and creep along the tomb. The presence of natural life serves to counter the necromancy and ruin the spell, as if adding static to a signal.

Last edited:

Remove ads