• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Bhaal Spawn

Nifft

Penguin Herder
There's only one really important ability:

Improved Save (Ex): You can save the game any time outside of combat, and restore the game to any previously saved point.
LA: +100

-- N

We killed a couple in our game a while ago. They suck :/.

They get like a couple of extra natural claw attacks after they shift form and gain the whirlwind feat and some extra stats after shifting. Maybe even get increased speed dunno but what sux is that they continually lose hitpoints or con even dunno while in Slayer Form.

Cool idea but they suck ^^.

Wycen

Explorer
Dragon mag did have a means of using Bhaal Spawn characters in DnD, but from my memory, you probably don't want to use them. Eventually when they get high enough in level they self destruct. If that's your thing, cool, but generally I and most gamers like seeing our characters overcome and "win".

It was something like the higher level you are, the more tainted you automatically become. Finally the taint is too strong and you either become evil and and NPC or simply have to start homicidal mania.

I think somewhere their must be a prestige class or template to simulate that, but I'm not sure where to look, except maybe start googling.

Question

First Post
I found it. Dragon 288.

Its a LA +2 template, highly unimpressive. Theres a table of how many advantages along with disadvantages you get, you get 1 advantage with 1 disadvantage. The advantages are small stuff like fire resist 5, DR5/silver, can cast cure moderate wounds 3/day, or the slayer form which lets you do 1d10 damage with unarmed strikes, +6 nat armor with +8 enchantment bonus to strength, but you take 1 point of temp con damage each round......cmon 1d10 unarmed strike damage......thats just sad......and +8 enchantment is only 2 more than what a high level fighter should have with a +6 belt of strength.

Disadvantages are things like, if you go to 0 hp or below, you remain unconcious till your hp is more than half of your max hp(this is crazily bad.....basically if you get knocked to 0 you are out of a fight till it ends, period), you are treated as evil for all purposes of spells, effects, etc(even if you are good!), lose 2 points of wisdom, lose 2 points of cha.......

I cant possibly see how this is worth +2 LA. Bhaalspawn are supposed to be incredibly powerful, immortal........hell by the rules of divine rank 0, they ARE divine rank 0.

Beowolf

Explorer
this intrests me too, i really want to use it in my campain or mabye in our groups other dm's campain but id agree with the notion that the disatvantages are simply too much for the template to be worth it.
i thought about modding it so that you can retake certain flaws, like the cha and wis ones, so you dont have to take the really harsh ones like the murder one.
mabye half the flaws but increase the la by one or somthing?
also the idea of granting it divine rank 0 sounds interesting but i dont have deities and demigods so i dont have any idea of what that can do.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads