• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Big Dark Sun hint

avin

First Post
As posted on:

Big Dark Sun Hint in Novel Article - RPGnet Forums
Our editorial staff now is comprised of Nina Hess, Senior Editor for the Mirrorstone imprint, who is our resident expert in the field of fiction for young readers; and the editors Susan Morris, the Forgotten Realms line editor; Fleetwood Robbins, who we lured away from Del Rey to work on Magic: the Gathering and Dark Sun; and Erin Evans, who’s primary responsibility now is Eberron, but who also works on some Forgotten Realms titles, and will be working on some new stuff we’re cooking up for 2011.

Spotlight Interview - Novels

jknevitt

Explorer
Fleetwood Robbins has been with WotC for at least a year, which would mesh well with the kind of lead time Dark Sun (or any new setting) would require.

Either the article editor got sloppy or they don't really care with GenCon and the announcement right around the corner.

Interesting catch, but who knows, there's been "clear and obvious signs" for Dark Sun, Dragonlance, and even Kara Tur/OA. So who knows. Also, if the novel tie-ins do go by setting, then there may be an indication that the 2011 setting might be original. If I were WotC, I'd probably go with an old setting then original for 2010 & 2011 (although I can see good reason for the reverse as well). Either way it would be a good idea to get an all original one out there soon.

Personally, I'm really hoping for Dark Sun or some form of Oriental Adventures. But I guess we'll find out in a month!

frankthedm
I think they learned their lesson the hard way with Realms 4th ed, in how NOT to be so...hm...drastic ;)

Dark Sun = right bakc to ORIGINAL boxed set, and I'll be happy! what TSR did after that just made a total nonsensical mess of the setting, blech!

4th ed crew have good ideas and sure they could improve it, if they don't go too far.

And half-giants are NOT "big" Humans! They are Large! ;)

vagabundo

Adventurer
I believe any official release from wotc will be Dark*Sun in name only.

Hopefully they will surprise me.

I hope so too.

Me, I'm being positive and, if it is Dark Sun, will be optimistic they can capture the feel of the original setting - the best setting ever?? maybe....

Dice4Hire

First Post
Well, it seems to me that Dark Sun is a good fit for 4E, in feel and the abilities of the races and classes, though a few need tweaking, of course. But we will know in a month.

Remove ads