• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Big/Dire Frog?

Velgost

First Post
Hey I was lookin @ fantasy pics last nite and came across one w/a warrior astride a large frog and the idea struck me that it would be an interesting option for paladins and mounted warriors. The problem is that I don't know if such a creature has been published or if anyone has any ideas. I was thinking about just straight taking the stats for a light war horse but I started thinking that maybe stats and abilities should be different. Thanks for any ideas. :D

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Monster Manual 2 has the dire toad - it's Medium, so it'd have to be advanced to be usable as a mount. The Tome of Horrors by Necromancer Games (avaliable as a PDF) has five types of monstrous frogs, the giant dire of which is Large.

Demiurge out.

dhaga

First Post
Interesting idea as a mount, but it'd be one hell of a rough ride! And noisy! Imagine a warrior in full plate bounding along (*crash* *crash* *crash*). :D

Velgost

First Post
Heres the pic...maybe plate mail would be a bit much... ;)

Attachments

• Chacs_by_el_grimlock1.jpg
    Chacs_by_el_grimlock1.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 207

dhaga

First Post
Nice pic. Plate probably would be a bit much, but a light rider in leather... it has possibilities. Also, I'd say double damage from a spear thrust if attacking as shown in the pic ;)

Remove ads