• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Big FFG Sale -- I went on a spree!

Voadam

Legend
johnnype said:
What I don't understand is why Sorcery & Steam is not available at that price. I guess it must be out of print. Too bad, it's the one book I'd buy for sure.

Does anyone know which books are designed under 3.5 vs. 3.0?

darknes and dread and giant lore I believe are 3.5. Twisted lore, Traps and Treachery, Spells and Spellcraft, Seafarer's Handbook and Mythic Races are all definitely pre 3.5.

Voadam

Legend
I work in journalism and have a huge outlook piece due on the 15th. since the sale runs to the 17th I think I might reward myself when I turn mine in.

johnnype

First Post
Sir Elton said:
Do we take it as a sign that FFG is getting out of the d20 Biz?
I believe they have already stated as much...sort of. My understanding is that they are limiting their D20 exposure to Midnight and that's it. I also remember reading somewhere that a second edition is due out next year.

Damn. I shouldn't be doing this, but at that price, I can't help myself. I've been wanting to pick a bunch of these up for a while now. So here's what I got...

Traps & Treachery
Traps & Treachery II
Monster's Handbook
Dungeoncraft
Cityworks
Giant Lore
Portals & Planes
Wildscape
Darkness and Dread
Elemental Lore

10 books for the price of 2. Man, that's a deal.

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
If their sales to distributors have dropped off, FFG could sell these hardcovers at $5 a piece and probably still make a tiny profit. (Maybe a couple bucks over their cost of printing, I'd guess, for a robust company of their size.)

I say, "If their sales to distributors have dropped off..." because sales like this will almost surely kill any further orders by retailers/distributors. Nobody likes to be undersold. FFG must have decided that it's obviously ok to do that at this point.

(I sent the link to my fiancee under the heading... "Stocking Stuffers!" So here's hoping for a Hardcover Holiday for meeeee.... I bought most of the ones recommended in this thread, especially the Mearlsy ones.)

Wulf

philreed

Adventurer
Supporter
Wulf Ratbane said:
If their sales to distributors have dropped off, FFG could sell these hardcovers at $5 a piece and probably still make a tiny profit. (Maybe a couple bucks over their cost of printing, I'd guess, for a robust company of their size.)

I'm willing to bet distrubutor sales of these products have been dead for a few months now. Just another sad fact of the current market.

What I want to see is how those who buy the PDFs at DTRPG react to this sale.

GlassJaw

Hero
The only ones I didn't buy were the 4 "Path" class books. Does anyone have much experience with them? Bear in mind I don't really need more crunchy books but again, they are 5 bucks.

CSB046

First Post
I had all of the softcovers, but I did pick up nine hardcovers.

You know, between this sale and the fact that White Wolf seems to be massively discounting and clearing out most of their Scarred Lands stuff, I've bought WAY too many books the last couple of days...

Oh well. :)

Crothian

First Post
GlassJaw said:
The only ones I didn't buy were the 4 "Path" class books. Does anyone have much experience with them? Bear in mind I don't really need more crunchy books but again, they are 5 bucks.

I like them. THey do have alot of crunch, but a lot of the ideas presented really have not been covered. I like they have legendary classes, prestige classes for 12th + level.

Check out reviews on them over in the review section.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads