• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Bionic Woman

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
There are so many great shows getting canceled.
I loved Journeyman, Day Break, and that TV show one.

Sarah Connor Chronicles is OK for me and the Bionic was alright as well.
The actress playing Sarah does not draw me in at all - she lacks the intensity.

GoodKingJayIII

First Post
As someone said, the show had a lot of potential, but I think production really dropped the ball on this one. The studio must have invested millions of dollars in marketing and advertising, so it's no surprised it was cancelled; they weren't getting the ratings, and it probably didn't have the cash to keep going.

Michelle Ryan was the real disappointment; I was hoping for a very interesting female lead, but she breathed very little life into the character. The writing was not very good either, both in terms of dialog and plotting.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Ebon Shar said:
IMO, the show would have worked better as a continuation of the continuity from the earlier shows, not as a reimagining. Perhaps Jamie Sommers, long retired from OSI, has a granddaughter who is injured in a horrible accident. Jamie, desperate to save her, begs Oscar Goldman to restart the Bionics program and save her. Oscar agrees, but the only caveat is that she must work for OSI. The only problem is, the new OSI is not quite the organization it used to be and we slowly find out that their motives are not as pure as they once were back in the '70s. Think Bionic Woman meets Alias. Think of the guest star potential with Lindsay Wagner and Lee Majors dropping in from time to time. Now that show would have been a hit.
*read it*

*pondered*

Nah.

Vocenoctum

First Post
I liked BW, but like most of the shows I lost track of it in the strike and gave up on regular schedules and such. If I have a full schedule of shows to watch it's one thing, but catching one here, one there, just doesn't stick to mind.

Cyberia

Explorer
Ebon Shar said:
Yeah, the cancellation of Journeyman was a punch in the gut. I just don't understand why these decisions are made sometimes. Journeyman was just hitting its stride and getting really good!
Agreed... I jumped on to Journeyman late--I thought it was just going to be a rehash of Quantum Leap, but when I tuned in, found that it was so much better. Journeyman is the show I recall in a few years and still lament it being canceled so soon.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Ebon Shar said:
Hmmm, very insightful. Seriously, what's wrong with the idea? Just curious.
The part where the retired Jaime Summers is willing to sell her daughter to OSI in exchange for the bionic parts that could save her.

She's better off opposing the idea and that Oscar Goldman (or his successor) went ahead with the procedure on her daughter anyway.

Oh, and here's a secret twist. Jaime's daughter is also Oscar's daughter, only the daughter didn't know that. His deep loyalty to his country impedes any chance of being a family man.

Last edited:

Ebon Shar

Explorer
Ranger REG said:
The part where the retired Jaime Summers is willing to sell her daughter to OSI in exchange for the bionic parts that could save her.

She's better off opposing the idea and that Oscar Goldman (or his successor) went ahead with the procedure on her daughter anyway.

Oh, and here's a secret twist. Jaime's daughter is also Oscar's daughter, only the daughter didn't know that. His deep loyalty to his country impedes any chance of being a family man.

This discussion is moot, of course, but it is fun.

I think that Jaime would be desperate to save her granddaughter, and if the only option is bionics, then she would jump on it, whatever the cost.

As for Oscar being the father of Jaime's daughter, I don't know. Oscar seemed so much older than Jaime in the show. Heck, I'm not even sure if the actor is still alive. :) But you are right, it would be a fun twist.

Lockridge

First Post
Ebon Shar said:
This discussion is moot, of course, but it is fun.

I think that Jaime would be desperate to save her granddaughter, and if the only option is bionics, then she would jump on it, whatever the cost.

As for Oscar being the father of Jaime's daughter, I don't know. Oscar seemed so much older than Jaime in the show. Heck, I'm not even sure if the actor is still alive. :) But you are right, it would be a fun twist.

I think both of you should have written the show. Not bad ideas. The original Jamie trying to save her granddaughter or daughter is too obvious so I'd have to agree with REG on that one. To be honest I don't really see why the new bionic woman needs to be a relation at all. Just having the old characters pop in for a cameo every once in a while sounds fun.

Anyway, about the new show: I wanted to like it but I didn't last too long. I just couldn't get by the bartender becomes superhero secret agent thing. Now add to that the family problems that reminded me too much of Party of Five and I'm gagging.

My two cents.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads