• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Bionic Woman

Ranger REG

Explorer
Grymar said:
Of the 70s/80s SciFi reboots, this is how I'd rate them:

1. Battlestar Galactica - wonderfully done
2. Terminator: Sara Connor Chronicles - pretty good
3. Bionic Woman - good moments, bad moments, but mostly just "ok" TV
4. Knight Rider tv movie - Not good, but some nostalgia fun
5. Flash Gordon - Terrible in every sense of the word.

Did I miss any?
What's wrong with Team Knight Rider? ;)

Ebon Shar

Explorer
Mallus said:
Space 1999 was a British remake of Star Trek where Gene Roddenberry was played by Gerry Anderson, the Enterprise was played by the Moon, and no matter who or what the crew faced each week, they lost.

As for the Bionic Woman... the best I can say about is that the 4th season of Battlestar Galactica starts next week!

Well, if they've redone Star Trek 4 times (is that right?), then they certainly can redo a Star Trek clone that was kinda fun, if not completely original.

As for the moon leaving its orbit and wandering through the cosmos, I always wondered what life was like back on Earth.

Lockridge

First Post
Ranger REG said:
What do you have against bartenders? They're weaker than tennis players (the original Jaime Summer former occupation before going bionics)?

Back in the 70s and when I was the tender age of about 10 the idea of a tennis player becoming a secret agent didn't seem all that far fetched.

evildmguy

Explorer
My wife and I were not happy when BW was canceled. I liked the family stuff. It allows a show to have continuity, even if the rest of it is the "adventure of the week." And I couldn't watch something that didn't have continuity.

I guess we wanted to see it get a second season to be able to watch it grow and get better. We aren't as fickle as the network execs! We would keep watching to see what they did and how the show evolved.

We were also not happy with losing Journeyman. It started out well and got better as time went on. Great show!

edg

Ranger REG

Explorer
Fast Learner said:
Here's another voice mourning the loss of Journeyman.
Off-topic, but yeah. The loss of Journeyman bums me out.

Watching NBC is like watching FOX in the 90's where only X-Files kept running but The Lone Gunman, M.A.N.T.I.S and Space: Above and Beyond don't last long.

Darth Shoju

First Post
Ranger REG said:
Watching NBC is like watching FOX in the 90's where only X-Files kept running but The Lone Gunman, M.A.N.T.I.S and Space: Above and Beyond don't last long.

More off-topic, but I was actually enjoying the Lone Gunman way more than X-files at that point, and was really pissed when they canceled it and then [sblock] killed the Gunmen off on the X-Files[/sblock]

:mad:

Rogue765

First Post
Ebon Shar said:
This discussion is moot, of course, but it is fun.

I think that Jaime would be desperate to save her granddaughter, and if the only option is bionics, then she would jump on it, whatever the cost.

As for Oscar being the father of Jaime's daughter, I don't know. Oscar seemed so much older than Jaime in the show. Heck, I'm not even sure if the actor is still alive. :) But you are right, it would be a fun twist.

Oscar probably had some 'BIONIC' implants, too. IYKWIMAITYD :lol:

Ed_Laprade

Adventurer
Lockridge said:
Back in the 70s and when I was the tender age of about 10 the idea of a tennis player becoming a secret agent didn't seem all that far fetched.
Why not? That's the cover Robert Culp used in the I Spy series. Worked fine for him!

As for the show, I only watched a few episodes. Didn't think it was terrible, but only watched if I happened to remember that it was on.

Everyone involved with Flash Gordon should have been tarred and feathered before it ever got on the air!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads