• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Bioshock] Explain something to me

JiffyPopTart

Bree-Yark
To the OP: Keep playing.

To the ammo-hunter: I too hate ammo hunting games (like pretty much every Resident Evil) however its pretty easy to get through Bioshock (at least on Medium) without ever worrying about ammo. Just take all the do-extra-melee-damage abilities and halfway through the game you can lay waste to big daddies with one opening rocket shot and several finishing whacks with the wrench.

I probably used melee for 90% of my kills.

DS

mrtauntaun

First Post
Keep playing, your questions will be answered. This game is fantastic, my favorite game from 2007 (though portal is a REALLY close second).

All I have to add is, once you finish it, Would you Kindly get back to us and let us know what you thought of the answers? :lol:

arcanaman

First Post
While I do not usually play shooters Rts and Rpgs are my thing i did play bioshock then got stuck in the begining but I watched somone else play love the storyline they could do better with the visual flashbacks can't really tell what is going on at all?

Simplicity

Explorer
My impression is that he was indeed a random dude. Tbe idea that he just sat around waiting for his plane to turn into an exploding fireball so he could infiltrate Rapture doesn't really stand up to suspension of disbelief.

Then again, I didn't get too far. It's a lavish game with wonderful atmosphere, but I hate shooters where you have to scrabble about for ammo, terrified of wasting shots. I play a shooter to shoot things, not to whack them with pipes and wrenches. Likewise, the ADAM currency seems to be in limited supply. Also, it was frustrating that fighting a big daddy is a nearly certain death sentence (perhaps multipel times) unless you found some way to kite-kill it.

Hehehe. I'm not going to spoil Bioshock, so I'll leave it to you whether I'm laughing at the irony or the original joke.

I never play shooters, but I wasn't having any particular problem with Bioshock in terms of difficulty. Sure, ammo was a little tight. But that just is there to keep you from using machine guns throughout the whole game. It was fine for me. Big Daddies were not anywhere near unstoppable.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads