• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Bioshock

Nyarlathotep

Explorer
I'm surprised there aren't any Bioshock posts yet!

I just picked this up off of Steam, finally got it installed last night, and played for a couple of minutes before the real world intruded. Graphics are pretty, the controls annoy me (No leaning around corners, movement seems.... wierd for some reason I can't quite put my finger on) but the environment & sounds are awesome.

What do those of you who have played it think?

Vocenoctum

First Post
Still playing it here. I like the game a lot, it's got neat toys and such and is a lot of fine.

in spite of the fact, it's got the worst hook. You just wander through, injecting stuff and killing folks.

Ron

Explorer
This is a game I became less and less interested while it was hyped more and more. I am attracted by the cool graphic design but it seems, based in the reviews I read, I'll not be draw by the storyline as I don't really enjoy to play a game that forces you to do evil acts to keep going (although I don't mind if they allow it as an option).

LrdApoc

"Insert Title here"
Well Ron, I'm not sure what you mean by forcing evil acts. The most morally gray act - harvesting the little sisters is actually optional. There is another path and you are rewarded in the story for taking it. It also presents a different challenge for the player. The "evil way" is easier in many respects.

Ron

Explorer
I will wait till is released in my country -- which is usually pretty quick. Hopefully they will withdraw the ridiculous limiting re-installing license before that.

GlassJaw

Hero
Everything I've seen and read about this game (including the reviews) look great. I'm sure I'll get around to playing it at some point. I'm not a fan of the Valve's extremely invasive and non-consumer-friendly DRM though.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
GlassJaw said:
Everything I've seen and read about this game (including the reviews) look great. I'm sure I'll get around to playing it at some point. I'm not a fan of the Valve's extremely invasive and non-consumer-friendly DRM though.
Actually, 2K added even *more* severe DRM on top of both the Steam and DVD versions. Link

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads