• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Black Flag and Tales of the Valiant on Shard Tabletop

SlyFlourish

SlyFlourish.com
Supporter
Black Flag, the Tales of the Valiant Player's Guide, and the Tales of the Valiant Monster Vault are available on Shard Tabletop.

Shard is the only VTT I know of that has a good mobile friendly character builder that doesn't require you to load a whole VTT to use. This gives it D&D Beyond-style use at a home table, something you can't really do with Roll20, Foundry, or Fantasy Grounds.

The Black Flag SRD is available there for free, including all the monsters in the Monster Vault but without the art or flavor text. The ToV Player's Guide and MV are $35 each on the platform. I had some credit on the store so I bought both to try them out and I really dig them. My wife built herself a ToV paladin in just a few minutes using the character builder there.

I've been very interested in finding alternative online character builders for 5e that compete with D&D Beyond and this is the current best one I've found. It certainly isn't as slick as D&D Beyond overall but it's very usable from what I found so far. Granted, I haven't actually run a game with it.

Still, it's a nice way to have web-based mobile-friendly access to ToV monsters for any 5e games.

Remove ads