D&D (2024) Kickstarter is live for Tales of the Valiant from Kobold Press - this 5.5e

Status
Not open for further replies.

ngenius

Adventurer
Kobold Press launched the Kickstarter for their own "Tales of the Valiant" duo of core books, which is a Third Party rebuild of the Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition Engine, using the Wizards of the Coast Creative Commons SRD and likely also using ORC license instead of OGL.

The heart of 5th Edition: core rules for high fantasy games, including a Monster Vault and a Player's Guide to power your campaign!

"The new Tales of the Valiant RPG keeps the 5th Edition community independent and tabletop moving forward—use it to tell your own tales of 5E high adventure!

1684855947957.png

Tales of the Valiant (ToV) keeps all the best of 5E D&D and adds a Kobold Press spin to the well-loved game. It combines the Creative Commons foundation of 5th Edition with new elements to create a powerful Kobold-style 5E with teeth.

New 5E Options. Of course, ToV includes the fighter, wizard, and rogue, and dwarves and elves. Much more than that, it provides a wealth of new options and expanded gameplay. Explore the new Mechanist class and try out the kobold, outsider, and beastkin character lineages. Tales of the Valiant provides hundreds of new options for talents, spells, and monsters.

Early Access to Private Playtests. Backers get two exclusive playtest packets containing new classes and new creatures not available to the public until later.

Create Your Own World and Share Your Adventures. Tales of the Valiant is built on the Creative Commons and Open Roleplaying Content licenses, so the core rules are available for everyone to expand on as part of the 5E global community. Keep your investment in 5th Edition going strong!

Retain Compatibility with 5E Tradition. While ToV brings new options, its roots are familiar. Play any 5E adventure with creatures and spells from Tales of the Valiant—and keep the best of both worlds at your table!"

kunadam

Adventurer
For me, EnWorld is the only international D&D/RPG forum that I read, so I like if a diverse array of RPGs/ D&D variants are discussed.
I have Level Up, and for me they are not in competition (will have both)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads