D&D General Kobold Press Tome of the Valiant Game Master's Guide ks signup

Marc Radle

Legend
I don’t think so. It may also drive off a larger audience. If the setting became super ToV specific I wouldn’t continue to support it.
Not 100% sure what is being said here …

Tales of the Valiant is Kobold Press’s new RPG, Midgard is the official Kobold Press campaign setting.

The big core ToV books (Monster Vault, Player’s Guide, Game Master’s Guide) will be 100% setting neutral - you can use them to run Midgard games, Forgotten Realms games, your homebrew word, etc.

Does that answer whatever the question is / was, or did I misunderstand?

Last edited:

Zaukrie

New Publisher

Tales of the Valiant is Kobold Press’s new RPG, Midgard is the official campaign setting.

The big core ToV books (Monster Vault, Player’s Guide, Game Master’s Guide) will be 100% setting neutral - you can use them to run Midgard games, Forgotten Realms games, your homebrew word, etc.

I suggested they shouldn't be so neutral, to differentiate yourself. They are with your concept of being neutral..

Tales of the Valiant is Kobold Press’s new RPG, Midgard is the official campaign setting.

I was saying making Midgard specific to ToV would drive off some people not that KP was doing that. Just that if it went that way it could/would. A hypothetical discussion.

Marc Radle

Legend
I suggested they shouldn't be so neutral, to differentiate yourself. They are with your concept of being neutral..
Fair enough!

We’re pretty confidant that Tales of the Valiant will be awesome enough to differentiate it from other games, without needing to tie it to Midgard.

We are very proud of our Midgard setting and there is absolutely more Midgard to come, but Midgard is its own thing. You will absolutely be able to play in the Midgard campaign setting using The Tales of the Valiant RPG, but you will also be able to play in your home brew setting, Geyhawk, the Realms, etc. with ToV just as easily!

Last edited:

Remove ads