• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Black Sails over Freeport [OCC]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro-Rocket

First Post
Hey Karl,
Do you need a new player. I would love to join in! Do you need a new character or for me to take over a current PC? :D

Last edited:

Karl Green

First Post
Hey sure :)
We lost one FT character... right now there are....

4 Wizard/1 Rogue
5 Rogue
3 Rogue/2 Fighter
3 Rogue/2 Ranger
5 Swashbuckler

we lost the cleric. Character creation and history can be found here

Basic Character Creation.

5th level.
32 points Attribute buying (remember the +1 stat at 4th level).
Hit Points – max at first level, then d4 =3; d6 =4, d8 =6, d10 =8, d12 =10 hit points each level after.
4000 gold pieces in starting funds (NOTE you will have 2d6 gold pieces to start the game; any funds you do not spend out of your starting wealth will be lost).
All classes and races from the PHB 3.5 are allowed. Classes from the Complete Warrior area also allowed. Prestige classes found in the DMG 3.5 and the CW, CD are also allowed EXCEPT for Forgotten Realms specific ones (Red Wizards, Purple Knights and one or two others I can't remember right now). I might allow them with changes so ask first.
Multiclassing Spell-casters: I think I would prefer pure spellcasters (Cleric, Druid, Sorcerer and Wizards) to take a level or two in some other non pure spellcasting class. This will limit the upper powered spells I think in a good way. BUT to help compensate a bit, the number of spells you can cast a day will be your total character level. This will not let you cast higher level spells, only additional spells (i.e. a 3rd level wizard/2nd level fighter would be able to cast four cantrips, three 1st level and two 2nd level spells). Wizards learn one additional spell each time they take a non-wizard level and sorcerers learn their spells at their total character level (but again can’t cast higher level spells until they reach they Sorcerers level needed). I will allow exceptions to this though… Elves can always be full level Wizards or Sorcerers (and the Elf’s preferred classes now should be Wizards and Sorcerer). And Humans can also have full levels in any of these classes, just because they are Humans.
Limit on magical items (mostly from limiting your starting wealth, but no more then a couple potions or scrolls people).
The gods worshipped in this world are those found in the Player’s Handbook. Freeport also has its patron god of Pirates and Privateers called Harrimast (CN; priest: any Chaotic; Spheres - Air, Travel, War, Water; Favored Weapon: Cutlass)
Alignment – any nonevil.

Magic is rare but potent

First NPC spellcaster are rare(r). I will be modifying most of the NPC listed as spellcasters to either non-spellcaster or maybe Adepts or maybe just lowering their level. Also for NPC spellcaster, metamagical and creations feats will either be disallowed or will be rare… in most cases. There are some magical items that I really do like (like the Figure Heads mounted onto ships that might give them some magical effects) that I will continue and might make cheaper only because they add favor.

The Player Characters; being the exceptional people that they are will still be able to take normal classes and can take any creation feat or metamagic feat. I would ask that you limit them somewhat to better fit the world but with a good reason I can accept most.

I will also reduce the amount of magic given out as treasure. The PCs must rely more on mundane equipment, or take the time to make their own magic items. Remember that I will look at CR ratings of monsters and will watch this close.

Last but not least, pick an item (magical or non-magical) as a special item, and it will have some 'special' abilities that we will go over later :)

DarkMaster

First Post
BTW sorry for the slow posting I am currently moving and taking a course at work so my internet will be extremely limited for the rest of the week. My provider cut my internet 5 days too early and mess up with the normal phone. The noise prevent my dial up to work so no internet from home either.

Next week things should slowly starts to go back to normal.

Karl Green

First Post
This weekend/holiday is pretty much a bust... I am only going to be able to jump on a couple of minutes now and then maybe tonight so totally understand

Kangaxx

First Post
DarkMaster said:
Villard looks at Zoraster and not even waiting for his confirmation (He knows what the halfling will say)

That made me laugh out loud. I guess Zoraster is pretty predictable.

Karl Green

First Post
DarkMaster (and others :)) as I don't have your character sheets on my right now (and I don't always do) could you include what Skill you are using and your bonus... I assuming Open Locks but I don't know what Villard's skill bonus with that is (or are you using Move Silent?) just want to make sure

DarkMaster

First Post
Sorry, I taught the shutter wasn't lock. Villard isn't train in Disable device or open lock so I was thinking about move silently +11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads