• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Black Sails Over Freeport Part 2 - Intrigue Inn (aka the Haunted Place)

JimAde

First Post
Torren enjoys himself immensely, commenting on the food and sampling a wide variety of wines. He'll make conversation at dinner by pointing out any local celebrities he recognizes and telling the others a little about them. He also makes a point of trying to mingle with the other patrons if possible.

[OOC: Diplomacy +5 for schmoozing, Knowledge(Local) +5 for recognizing local notables]

Ferrix

Explorer
Kitsch wanders about the dining hall once he has finished his meal, knowing full well the effects alcohol had on him the last time, he prefers to let his small frame stay free of it. He watches many of the patrons, a rogues eye at work one might say.

Kangaxx

First Post
Zoraster Surefoot

On his way upstairs, Zoraster will happily tell the bellhop about some of his encounters with pirates, and he recommends life on the seas as a life of adventure, to be sought by all.

When the silver trays are being carried upstairs, he will ask the nearest person he doesn't know who they are being sent to.

At dinner, he will have a little of everything, complimenting it all, and enjoying the atmosphere. And since everything includes the drinks they have to offer, he'll be more than a little drunk by the time the meal is over.

Last edited:

rangerjohn

Explorer
Black Jack Elf Rogue/Fighter

Jack has elven wine with his dinner and joins Toren in evaluating the local celeberties. He comments in paticular about the Captain and the rumors of his last trip. Apparently they were a success.

Karl Green

First Post
Diplomacy 5 +5 =10; Know/Local 9 +5 =14

Torren talks with some of the patron in nearby tables, they are polite but not overly talkative. Looking around he does recognize a couple of the more popular mover and shakers of Freeport…

Lady Matilda of course who appeared as a queen some time ago. She is from far off Fridonia, one of the nobles is said to be an exile of that land that is living her at the Last Resort these days.

That sure looks like Dolock McKorning, his father is a rich spice merchant, but he is seen more in the company of high wager gamblers… in fact it would appear that he is getting into a game tonight. He is at the table with four other finely dressed men, smoking cigars and drinking rum.

And there is Roderigo Vega, you have meet him before. He is a traveling merchant from the mainland who occasionally deals in positions and minor magical items… you wander if he might have some available these days?

Kitsch is wandering the dinning area, a little tipsy and feeling pretty good about himself…
Spot 17 +5 =22 vs. a target 17
…while having fun, causing a few stares and nervous laughter… when he notices someone sitting in the lobby not far from the dinning area. He seems to be watching someone who is eating in the dinner area, and try not to be obvious about it… not doing that good a job that is for sure. He is dressed in nicer cloths and drinking a tonic of some kind, but the suit is ill fitting and he is really nursing that drink…

A richly dressed older lady looks down her nose somewhat at Zoraster…
Diplomacy 12 +1 =13
…but her frown turns somewhat into a smile and hiding behind an embroider fan she says in a low voice "I would guess that there would be a party of some few foolish young people who should know better, especially if those that they are married to are not… participating…"

JimAde

First Post
[OOC: Assuming he looks reasonably available...]

Torren makes his way over to Vega's table and greets him. "Roderigo, how have you been? Safe voyages I trust?" He swirls his glass and sips lightly. He snaps his fingers at a waiter and indicates Roderigo and his companion(s) need a refill. "You simply have to try this red."

[OOC: We don't have to play this out, but I want to take the opportunity to favorably impress Roderigo with my largesse (actually our patron's largesse, but...) and see if he has any bargains for me or need of any alchemical wares I can supply. I will only buy a round or two of drinks, I won't go crazy with her money. :) ]

Ferrix

Explorer
OOC: I think you misinterpreted my post, Kitsch wouldn't be drinking this time around since he remembers all too fondly how much of a mess he made the last time he partook.

Karl Green

First Post
Ferrix said:
OOC: I think you misinterpreted my post, Kitsch wouldn't be drinking this time around since he remembers all too fondly how much of a mess he made the last time he partook.

[occ]Ops sorry about that :( Assume that you are not, maybe just acting ;)[/occ]

Torren strikes up a conversation with Roderigo Vega, who seems happy for the company. Talking with him the wizard does fine that Vega has a number of potions and tonics that he has collected over the time. He says that if you are looking for something, he might be able to help you…

most (but not all, you have to ask) Potions, Elixirs and Oils cast by a wizard or cleric worth 300gp or less is availably at 50% more cost then listed in the DMG

Kangaxx

First Post
Zoraster Surefoot

Karl Green said:
A richly dressed older lady looks down her nose somewhat at Zoraster…
Diplomacy 12 +1 =13
…but her frown turns somewhat into a smile and hiding behind an embroider fan she says in a low voice "I would guess that there would be a party of some few foolish young people who should know better, especially if those that they are married to are not… participating…"

Zoraster responds with a grin that's maybe a little more wild than normal. "Married? Shurely you jest, We're far too young for those bondss." He gives no indication of who he refers to when he says 'we'.

DarkMaster

First Post
Villard surprised at first by the halfling answers, stay silent hoping that this is just another trick to gather more information from the old lady. Villard will listen to their conversation, ready to intervene if the lies goes too far. He after all has great respect for the religious tradition and wouldn't fake a wedding just for amusing the small fellaw.

Remove ads