Black Sails Over Freeport Part 2 - Intrigue Inn (aka the Haunted Place)

Kangaxx

First Post
Zoraster Surefoot HP 9/42

Now sorely wounded, Zoraster chooses the better part of valor and runs for it.

OOC: If the path is still clear on his turn, Zoraster will withdraw away from Mic and back out the walkway he used to get here.
If someone moves up and blocks his path, he'll use a move action to tumble off the the walkway to the lower level, then get out a cure light potion to use next round.

Tumble +14

JimAde

First Post
Torren reaches into a pocket and touches a bit of tortoise shell he keeps there. He intones a few words, then steps out into the open.

"Hey, ladies!" he shouts with a grin. "A gold piece to the first one of you who can shoot me!"

[sblock]Casting Protection from Arrows, of course. I'm hoping to draw all the pistol fire.[/sblock]

Karl Green

First Post
Freeport, Warehouse, ten-bells (night)

(occ sorry all, family stuff AND now computer issues :( I will try and keep up but I may be spuratic for a few more weeks REALLY sorry please stick with me /occ)

Initiative Round 8
23 - Villard
22 - Kitsch
21 - Black Jack
17 - Guards
13.5 -Noble Rogue
13 - Zoraster
13 - Torren
12 - Fat Mic

Villard dodges back and tries to leap up on some of the near by boxes…
Jump 16+11=27
…clearing one of the larger boxes and then up onto another and is now just below the walkway above.

Kitsch fires down at Fat Mic one more time (who looks very wounded, especially from Villard's last arrow adding in the extra damage)…
Attack roll 9+11=20 hit. Damage is 1d8 +1d6 (frost) = 8 points
…and he staggers back a step, moaning in pain, and finally falls backwards onto the walkway.

Black Jack yells "Lets get the hell outa here now!"

The Guards from the upper walkway start converging on the group, while below, one of the guards tries to follow Villard up onto the boxes, while one draws his pistol but does not fire. One guard rushes Torren and stabs at him with his cutlass…
Attack roll natural 1! missing bad
… but he slips in the dark and manages only to slash a nearby box. The other guard tries to make his way around behind to flank him.

Zoraster easily makes it to the door and sees that the other guards are moving slowly to try and cut off Torrin and Villard down below… they could be come around outside to cut them off at the top of the stairs also.

Torren casts his spell defensively…
Concentration roll 18+7 =25
… and it goes off, surrounding him with a golden glow for a second.

DarkMaster

First Post
OOC Glad to see that the game is still on. Ok a couple of questions before I post Villard action. Is villard able to see the guard coming, can he see an escape route and how high are the boxes he is standing on.

JimAde

First Post
Siezing the moment, Torren steps around the bumbling thug, and skewers him.

[sblock]
So moving to try to avoid the flank and attacking the guy who missed. No Combat Expertise, so +6 attack with the Black Quill. If he actually fell, I'll be glad to take the AoO when he gets up, too. :)
[/sblock]

Karl Green

First Post
DarkMaster said:
OOC Glad to see that the game is still on. Ok a couple of questions before I post Villard action. Is villard able to see the guard coming, can he see an escape route and how high are the boxes he is standing on.

Yes he can see them coming from both walkways (the one to the north has the most, at 6, three new guards, the noble rogue and the man and the woman gurad that came earlier. At the south there are 4 guards who have just come out from behind the curtain

Remove ads