Black Text on Black Background?

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
More info: I logged in using MS IE, and the message window background is light grey with black text, as it was using Netscape 7.0 just this past Monday. This leads me to believe that Bill "Satan" Gates is behind the problem. :D

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Mark Chance said:
Perhaps, but why is it a problem now and not two days ago, a week ago, et cetera?
It could be related to the background change they made to the post box and Netscape. Is their options in Netscape for background, links and such?

This is the box now.

Last edited:

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Hand of Evil said:
It could be related to the background change they made to the post box and Netscape. Is their options in Netscape for background, links and such?

This is the box now.

Not that I see anywhere. I normally don't complain about things, especially things I use for free, but I am curious. If there was a board change made within the past day or three, shouldn't it at least be one that doesn't inconvenience Netscape users. I know MS has tried to run us out of us business, but... :D

Regardless, I'm confident things'll get fixed one way or another.

Welverin

First Post
I too use NS7, I have had the black message window problem, but the last few days the border on the window has been missing including the scroll bar.

Oddly I just turned off the custom colors, and then turned them back on and the border reappeared.

edit: Disappeared again, plus I just realized that all the buttons inbetween the tags and window are missing (something seemed wrong all this time but it just didn't register).

Last edited:

Also Netscape 7. My "post box" is dark gray, much like the border--in fact, I can't see where the border ends and the box begins. Further, I also have no formatting buttons (bold, italic, link, etc.)

And like the others, I've been using Netscape and haven't changed it, or any preferences, in weeks.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Is it too much to ask that the Font Color menu include a "Default" option so it goes back to the text color used for certain skins. That way I don't have to remind myself that "Lemon Chiffon" is the default text color in the default skin, which may appear out-of-place in other skins (if any).

Macbeth

First Post
I've got a solution (or at least it worked for me): change from the super-duper post eitor bar to the normal tool bar or remove the bar altogether. In either of the other sontrol bar modes besides the fancy one i get the normal background and full functionality. Go figure.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Macbeth said:
I've got a solution (or at least it worked for me): change from the super-duper post eitor bar to the normal tool bar or remove the bar altogether. In either of the other sontrol bar modes besides the fancy one i get the normal background and full functionality. Go figure.

Ar! That be fixin da black on black curse, that's fer sure! But now dere ain't no treasure chest full o' formattin buttons! Ar!

[parrot]Skwawk! Pieces o' eight! Pieces o' eight![/parrot]

Last edited:

Remove ads