• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Blade Cascade Unleashed!

Sitara

Explorer
After some more tinkering I have discovered that the Kensai paragon path is, so far before any splats being released, the ultimate path for the enterprising Cascader. Everything else aside, he gets the reroll AND a whopping +4 damage! Thats a +4 damage from EACH ATTACK!

So in my above test combat if the ranger had been a kensei, he would have done additional +4 damage with each of the 27 attacks; thats a 108 extra damage right there!

Sitara

Explorer
Whoops, Kensei gets that ability at level 16. :D Oh well, you get the idea. ANd yeah, the peeps over at charop have some wicked numbers; but then I am just an average guy looking to get a leg up from this combo.

Sitara

Explorer
Yep, but its not an immediate interrupt or an immediate reaction. So the dragon can breathe instantly, but only on the start of its turn.

GoodKingJayIII

First Post
Hmm... not an interrupt? That's a shame... it's one of those abilities that, when described, I can really imagine as one.

Thanks for sharing the playtests, Sitara. I think Cascade of Blades will be limited to 5 attacks at my table. :)

LostInTheMists

First Post
Ooh, Blade Cascade is going to be a big house-rule errata for me. You can't use this power to gain more attacks than your Dex+Wis bonuses, or something like that. Maybe 1/2 level. Either way, I'm capping it. :)

Mort_Q

First Post
I'm going to use the new DM power:

Schrödinger's Substitution DM Fiat 0

Something's wrong.... that was too easy.

At-Will
Immediate Interrupt Universal
Target: One creature or object
Effect: Replace the creature or object with a minion, clone, magical illusion, or an otherwise lesser copy. It is killed or destroyed in place of the real substantial target.

Vempyre

Explorer
I also think Blade Cascade has a very bad potential to munchkiness. I am not sure how that could have been overlooked. In my game I think that after the 1st two attacks there will be a cumulative -2 to hit per attack starting at the 3rd attack (when Cascade "resets").

Remove ads