• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

"Blank slate" healer

Felon

First Post
Bauglir said:
Is it just me, or does the healer lack the cleric's ability to spontaneously cast healing spells? Seems a little odd.

They do. I had a lot of hopes for this class, but it's seriously flawed. And it has alignment restrictions.

Healing is associated with divine magic in D&D, so some degree of spirituality is going to be inherent.

TheGogmagog

First Post
noeuphoria said:
You could always just use the rules for having an godless priest. After all, what god you worship is largely relevant to role-playing anyway. Just choose 2 domains, and say they represent your character's specialization. Instead of praying in the morning, he meditates for an hour to center himself.
A ditto of what noeuphoria said. By RAW you don't have to chose a deity. It's in the Cleric section (or maybe religion). Most DM's that I have seen disallow it anyway. Just picture greek mythology or 90% of ancient religions. It's not like modern religions, which insist on one true and all others false. In D&D there is no argument whether other gods exist. So when you want a good crop pray to the fertility and rain gods, a happy marriage pray to the gods of luck and love, curse and reign firey death on your foes well you get the point.
Personally I think half of a campaing world's clerics would be non denominational. In a world with so many god's who make themselves known, I wouldn't want to establish myself as an enemy of any of them.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads