Blink, 2 3

Michael Morris

First Post
In the olden days of the internet there existed the [blink]<blink>[/blink] tag. It made things [blink]blink.[/blink] Some folk made [blink]entire blinking pages[/blink] with this tag.

These days [blink]blink[/blink] is a function of CSS, so it's not as easily accessed and most folks can't find it to use it. But I've made a [blink]blinking bbcode[/blink]. Please enjoy, but don't abuse.

Psionicist

Explorer
... And if you don't like it, just disable the blink-tag in Firefox. :D

1) Goto about:config (thats about colon config, the forum adds an underscore I think)
2) Change browser.blink_allowed to false.

Gez

First Post
[blink]Testing, because I'm too lazy to quote MM's post to see the actual tag.[/blink]

And [blink]testing something else[/blink] because I'm kinda pervert that way.

Bwahahah! Blinking spoilers! They work! :lol:

Last edited:

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Perhaps not for long; now that we know this can be done (yay, MM!) we may end up disabling it except in rare circumstances. It's one of those tags that people often find annoying instead of cool. I'm psyched that this is a possibility, though, because I thought it was something we didn't have a choice about.

If it disappears again, that's why. :)

Michael Morris

First Post
I was feeling kinda silly.

Anyway, I've since found that IE won't support that tag. I'm not too keen on making a tag that's essentially 'annoy the firefox users,' so out she goes.

der_kluge

Adventurer
I agree with Olgar. There's a reason why nothing blinks on the internet anymore. Well, almost nothing.

All those people that did that were drawn and quartered.

Chacal

First Post
die_kluge said:
I agree with Olgar. There's a reason why nothing blinks on the internet anymore. Well, almost nothing.

All those people that did that were drawn and quartered.

Well there're still animated gifs, flash animations and stupid javascript tricks, but they can be turned out

Chacal

Remove ads